Hacking My WiiKey Experience

Kissell13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recieved my WiiKey today from Foundmy.com and I thought Id share my experience so far.

First of all I have no soldering experience so I have been practicing on an old network card. I have gotten pretty good at attaching wires, so I figured I was prepared. This was a bad assumption. This chip is very small. I had absolutely no problems attaching the wires to the Wii drive but the chip was another story. I ended up lifting one of the pads on the board and had to solder a wire directly to one of the tiny ass legs on the chip itself. It was a nightmare. I can truly recommend a professional install if there is any question that you do not possess the skill to do it yourself.

All that being said, I got lucky and everything works exactly as stated. Menu disk works no problems there, and several games I have tried have all performed flawlessly, including Wario ware. Next up is Gc game testing.

I feel that I made the correct choice in chips and am very happy with the product. Just take my soldering warning seriousely. Install was difficut compared to what I had been practicing on.

-Kissell13

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found it to be easier soldering the wires onto the chip if you secured it before hand. either to the wii wherever you're planning to mount it, or temporarily to your desk. i thought the points on the wii were about the same difficulty as the ones on the chip. all in all, i thought it was a very easy modification; a far cry from the PS2 modchips. it helps, though, if you have a hands free magnifying glass with a good light in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter