Hardware My Wii causes GC Controller to Rumble on Boot until something is loaded (System Menu for example).

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As the Title says, it's been like that since i bought it, non-softmodded and everything.

It's like that on every cold boot, which means, it only seems to occur if the wii has been shut down for awhile, it won't happen if i boot it, turn it off, and boot it again for some reason.

I have no idea why it happens, it doesn't seem to matter at all cause the GC Controllers works and my Wii seems to work as well.

It's just a bit irritating, especially since my friend who has a Wii doesn't get it, which means it's not supposed to be there.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This could have something to do with the version of boot1/boot2 on your Wii, though that's just speculation.
Maybe it would go away if you installed BootMii? :P

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No one has any other ideas?

It seems weird that i am the only one with this problem;S

Can others please boot there wii with a GC controller in the first port (And i mean cold boot, a boot after a long time, perhaps the first that day).

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
AFAIK you can't boot a Wii with a GC controller for that matter, only make the recovery mode appear when you plug it to the 4th controller port (don't do that) honestly sometimes my Wii would freeze and my Wiimote wouldn't stop rumbling, my guessing its normal, is your GC controller an original one?

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just mean, you boot the console, using either wiimote or the button, but you have a GC controller inserted into port 1 (Not sure about the others, have only used the first).

I am pretty sure i have tried 2 GC controllers, now i use a Third Party, but on the first boots (before softmoding) i just an original.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can others please boot there wii with a GC controller in the first port (And i mean cold boot, a boot after a long time, perhaps the first that day).

Done that hundreds of times, never had it rumble on me.

Have you tried a different GC controller? Maybe there's a wire crossed in that one or something shorted in it or something like that (just a big guess). Another guess would be something shorted in the Wii.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Actually tried just now with a 3rd controller, which is Third Party as well (China ware), and it seems that it doesn't Rumble, cause i booted, no rumble, then i changed while it "boot loaded" to the other GC, and it started to rumble.

This however is weird, i am pretty sure that my other GC controller which is Original rumbles as well, however both of them are extremely old, i don't even want to use the Original.
But if i am lucky, i may have confused using the Original, it was a long time ago.

Weird that the Controller works perfectly except for the Boot though, you would think that the Rumble would be broken or something.

zerowalker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay, it seems that it's actually the Controller, it happens only to that Controller if i have both controllers inserted and boots, not sure what's wrong, i am guessing that the Wii (Gamecube?) does a Check on the Controllers on Boot or something, and that check goes from a pin which accidentally triggers Rumble, just a guess though.

Well other than that, Does anyone know where i can buy GC Controllers with a good joystick?

I got one from Ebay, but the Joystick is, well, not sure how to explain it, but it's not smooth, it's kinda slow.

I want it to be like an Xbox 360 joystick, it's perfect, smooth, responsive etc.

I prefer it to be available on Ebay as it's often cheapest there, it's very expensive where i live as they aren't even made anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs