Hacking Question My old switch is bricked and I bought a new one on FW 3.0.2 i read a lot but i some question on what

sa-yamato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi i have bought a new switch on FW 3.0.2 since i was away from the scene my old switch was on 8.0.1 was the latest and a lot have changed from emu mmc and other stuff on fw 10. I have read from a guide on what options do i have from deja vu to fusse glee and have some question that didn’t find answers to.

1- in the guide it says in deja vu if It got bricked you can’t do recovery unlike fusse glee(i used this in my first switch and know how to back up NAND and do a recovery ) is this true in deja vu?

2- deja vu needs internet access from the browser by changing dns address to there PegaScape server how safe is this from ban even if you did the Nintendo server ban if i want to return to my original state (like brand new ) and go to online ? Is RCM more safer? What happen if there servers are down?

3- it says deja vu that works for my switch is CAFFEINE but it list supported firmware 2.0.0 - 3.0.0. And 4.0.1- 4.1.0 but my switch is on 3.0.2. Will this work on my switch?

4-it says i need to use emu mmc( i read about it) to update to new FW and be able to play future titles...... I don’t understand that part.. the emu mmc can have a new FW and i will be able to boot also to the old FW??

5- reading through the steps a think RCM and a jig is a lot simpler so i need your advice please

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. Yes, because there is no way of booting to a payload that could restore the backup.

2. RCM is probably safer, if you stay offline, but I think (not sure about this) than pegascaoe blocks everything (like 90dns). Once again, not sure but it makes sense.

3. 3.0.2 probably falls under 3.0.0 but I am, again, not sure.

4. Your SysNAND stays on old fw, so that you can access the exploit, but in order to play newer games, you need to update. That's where EmuMMC/NAND comes in. It allows you to "boot" from SD card. And you can do whatever you want in EmuMMC/NAND without affecting the SysNAND.

5. If you can use rcm, go for it. There are multiple guides out there you can follow (for example).

Also, if your switch can use rcm, yet you use pegascape, you can always use rcm later bor restores and other stuff.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

sa-yamato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
1. Yes, because there is no way of booting to a payload that could restore the backup.

2. RCM is probably safer, if you stay offline, but I think (not sure about this) than pegascaoe blocks everything (like 90dns). Once again, not sure but it makes sense.

3. 3.0.2 probably false under 3.0.0 but I am, again, not sure.

4. Your SysNAND stays on old fw, so that you can access the exploit, but in order to play newer games, you need to update. That's where EmuMMC/NAND comes in. It allows you to "boot" from SD card. And you can do whatever you want in EmuMMC/NAND without affecting the SysNAND.

5. If you can use rcm, go for it. There are multiple guides out there you can follow (for example).

Also, if your switch can use rcm, yet you use pegascape, you can always use rcm later bor restores and other stuff.
Thank you for taking the time to answering. I think ill go for RCM i just have one last question

I need a game cart that lets me update to 9.0.0 or 9.2.0 becuase I read about the problems on 10.0.0. So do anyone know of a game cart that have that update?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thank you for taking the time to answering. I think ill go for RCM i just have one last question

I need a game cart that lets me update to 9.0.0 or 9.2.0 becuase I read about the problems on 10.0.0. So do anyone know of a game cart that have that update?
You don't have to update, if you're going for EmuMMC/NAND (as you can uodate that later). Otherwise I personally didn't hear about any problems (but I was away for quite some time now). Probably just google, which games require 9.0.0 fw.

sa-yamato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You don't have to update, if you're going for EmuMMC/NAND (as you can uodate that later). Otherwise I personally didn't hear about any problems (but I was away for quite some time now). Probably just google, which games require 9.0.0 fw.
But even if i enter into emu NAND and connected it to internet to update ill get my self a ban becuase it’s dirty so I thought that i update officially to 9 than back NAND and do in emu NAND than it’s good....right or am I misunderstood something?

When i do what you said wont i burn fuses? (Idont want to use chodonguri or auto RCM)

Last edited by sa-yamato,

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the

1.- You need to enter the OFW (official/original firmware) to be able to load any homebrew.
If you have a brick, then you can't load any homebrew and can't restore.

2.- You could always run a local server for that, so you could load the exploit without connecting to the internet or depending on third party servers.

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
But even if i enter into emu NAND and connected it to internet to update ill get my self a ban becuase it’s dirty so I thought that i update officially to 9 than back NAND and do in emu NAND than it’s good....right or am I misunderstood something?

When i do what you said wont i burn fuses? (Idont want to use chodonguri or auto RCM)
You don't NEED to update, but I read that you WANT to update.
If your're going to use emuNAND, why would you update the sysNAND?
You can update the emuNAND offline by using ChoixDuJour/ChoixDuJoirNX (of course, don't ever connect it to the internet).

sa-yamato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You don't NEED to update, but I read that you WANT to update.
If your're going to use emuNAND, why would you update the sysNAND?
You can update the emuNAND offline by using ChoixDuJour/ChoixDuJoirNX (of course, don't ever connect it to the internet).
Yeah I don’t want to use ChoixDuJour because I’ll have to use auto RCM to prevent fuse burn and I won’t be able to use game cart above the OFW the reader was on

that’s why am looking for a game cart to update offiacly to 9.2.0 it will be a lot easier

tglaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I don’t want to use ChoixDuJour because I’ll have to use auto RCM to prevent fuse burn and I won’t be able to use game cart above the OFW the reader was on

Ok, there are 2 ways of using the switch:
- using sysNAND
- using emuNAND

sysNAND:
I haven't found a gamecard that has the 9.0 update.
What error have you found for the 10update that you don't want to update?

emuNAND:
You wont have to use autoRCM, the emuNAND won't boot without entering RCM so, it should never flash the game cart controller.
Yes, you wouldn't be able to use cartridges as long as the game cart controller isn't upgraded, but you could just load the games you have from an SD card, so I don't see the problem (other than that annoying message of the unreadable game cart)

sa-yamato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ok, there are 2 ways of using the switch:
- using sysNAND
- using emuNAND

sysNAND:
I haven't found a gamecard that has the 9.0 update.
What error have you found for the 10update that you don't want to update?

emuNAND:
You wont have to use autoRCM, the emuNAND won't boot without entering RCM so, it should never flash the game cart controller.
Yes, you wouldn't be able to use cartridges as long as the game cart controller isn't upgraded, but you could just load the games you have from an SD card, so I don't see the problem (other than that annoying message of the unreadable game cart)
When I read the news about the changes that OF 10.0.0 is making I didn’t understand the post that was talking about the patches. I know they will be specific to the atmosphere version but what I didn’t understand is when starting games that require before or after 10.0.0 ?? It was confusing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw