Hacking My New Nintendo 2ds xl crashes randomly

NoBrainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My n2dsxl crashes at seemingly random times and it started just freezing completely, and sometimes trying to open it with a red notification light blinking. Also it crashes randomly recently by just showing a yellow and other times a red light. And it has showed me almost every type of arm 11 error (e.g. data abort) .
I am confused what is causing all this.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n2dsxl crashes at seemingly random times
Crashes as in it shows errors? What kind of error, Arm11 or something else?
and it started just freezing completely, and sometimes trying to open it with a red notification light blinking. Also it crashes randomly recently by just showing a yellow and other times a red light. And it has showed me almost every type of arm 11 error (e.g. data abort) .
I am confused what is causing all this.
First, you should test the sdcard with h2testw to see if it's faulty or defective, do so with the write & read option.
Obviously, backup all your sd card contents to your pc before doing the test.
Format the sd card as Fat32 32kb cluster size (64kb if it's a +64gb card) before and after the test.
- If it passes the test, copy everything back and we'll see where we go from there.
- If it fails the test, then your sd card is defective and you need to get a new replacement sd card.

NoBrainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Crashes as in it shows errors? What kind of error, Arm11 or something else?

First, you should test the sdcard with h2testw to see if it's faulty or defective, do so with the write & read option.
Obviously, backup all your sd card contents to your pc before doing the test.
Format the sd card as Fat32 32kb cluster size (64kb if it's a +64gb card) before and after the test.
- If it passes the test, copy everything back and we'll see where we go from there.
- If it fails the test, then your sd card is defective and you need to get a new replacement sd card.
1. Crashes sometimes with a glitched screen and total software freeze (then i need to manually press the power of button for 3 to 6-8 seconds to shut down because there isn't any other way) ,and other times it shows arm 11 errors like: data abort, an exception occured and prefetch abort.

2. I tried h2testw before and tried it again ,but it show no errors, have quadruple reformated it and used guiformat but still crashes and random intervals.

p.s should i share the dump from the arm 11 errors?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Crashes sometimes with a glitched screen and total software freeze (then i need to manually press the power of button for 3 to 6-8 seconds to shut down because there isn't any other way) ,and other times it shows arm 11 errors like: data abort, an exception occured and prefetch abort.

2. I tried h2testw before and tried it again ,but it show no errors, have quadruple reformated it and used guiformat but still crashes and random intervals.

p.s should i share the dump from the arm 11 errors?
Ok. So you can't boot into the home menu at all with or without the sd card inserted?
Can you boot into Luma3DS & GodMode9?
Can you boot into the recovery mode? If yes, update it with it.

NoBrainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok. So you can't boot into the home menu at all with or without the sd card inserted?
Can you boot into Luma3DS & GodMode9?
Can you boot into the recovery mode? If yes, update it with it.
1. It boots sometimes randomly and others it just shows a red notification light.
2.Godmode9 yes, but not luma3ds
3. Yes, I tried it and it's up to date.
I also see that the homebrew applications are missing and all the signs pointed to updating luma3ds (boot.firm, boot.3dsx).
To no avail.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. It boots sometimes randomly and others it just shows a red notification light.
Red light means Luma3DS is corrupted in both your sd card and internal memory.
Replace the (Luma3DS) Boot.firm file, and set up Luma3DS ctrnand like it shows here and try again.
2.Godmode9 yes, but not luma3ds
Do you see an error when you try to boot into Luma3DS?
3. Yes, I tried it and it's up to date.
It's not about it being up to date, it's about running it even if it's up to date in hopes of replacing any corrupted system or fw files, if that's what's causing the problem..
I also see that the homebrew applications are missing and all the signs pointed to updating luma3ds (boot.firm, boot.3dsx).
Missing installed titles from the home menu means your tickets are missing, sd card related problems, or the Nintendo 3DS folder is not present..
I'm taking your word for it that your sd card was properly tested with h2testw, while it was completely empty, and with the read & write setting. And was formatted before and after the test as Fat32 32kb clusters..
Also, does it boot into the home menu when the sd card is not inserted into the system? Or just the same?

NoBrainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Red light means Luma3DS is corrupted in both your sd card and internal memory.
Replace the (Luma3DS) Boot.firm file, and set up Luma3DS ctrnand like it shows here and try again.

Do you see an error when you try to boot into Luma3DS?

It's not about it being up to date, it's about running it even if it's up to date in hopes of replacing any corrupted system or fw files, if that's what's causing the problem..

Missing installed titles from the home menu means your tickets are missing, sd card related problems, or the Nintendo 3DS folder is not present..
I'm taking your word for it that your sd card was properly tested with h2testw, while it was completely empty, and with the read & write setting. And was formatted before and after the test as Fat32 32kb clusters..
Also, does it boot into the home menu when the sd card is not inserted into the system? Or just the same?
1. I have replaced the boot. Firm and the ctrnand Luma file 8 times now. No improvement
2.yes a red light
3.it does boot into the home menu without the ds card but still crashes/glitches randomly like with the sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ