Hacking COMPLETED My dongle project, internal/external SAMD Loader with CR2032 Holder

romracer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in both the full kit and just a board (for an internal mod). Is the finished board available for purchase, or just the full kit?

Apologies if this is answered in the sales thread; I don't have permission to view it.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got mine! I'm having a problem though, and it's likely because I'm having a brain fart... how do I get the battery into the holder for it? The on/off switch kinda blocks the battery from being able to slide into the holder.

Edit: lolnvm I clipped a bit of the battery holder and now it works with a bit of force

Last edited by Kupie,

MatinatorX

Hardware Developer
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.dragoninjector.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just got mine! I'm having a problem though, and it's likely because I'm having a brain fart... how do I get the battery into the holder for it? The on/off switch kinda blocks the battery from being able to slide into the holder.

Edit: lolnvm I clipped a bit of the battery holder and now it works with a bit of force
The battery goes in from the other side opposite the USB port ;)

EDIT: Unless Mr. @electronrancher stayed up too late and soldered the battery holder on backwards. :rofl:

Last edited by MatinatorX,

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battery goes in from the other side opposite the USB port ;)

EDIT: Unless Mr. @electronrancher stayed up too late and soldered the battery holder on backwards. :rofl:
I think that's what happened! There's no way it could fit in the other side :rofl: it's all good though

Attachments

• m0_trinket_lolreversal.jpg
    m0_trinket_lolreversal.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 228

electronrancher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's what happened! There's no way it could fit in the other side :rofl: it's all good though
No, really? That's hilarious I'm terribly sorry! I don't think I could have set one of the boards to -180degree position, but I must have! I'll go check the placer setup right now.
@Kupie, please PM me with your address and I'll mail you another lol. You can keep that one, being that you already made it work-nice job BTW!

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, really? That's hilarious I'm terribly sorry! I don't think I could have set one of the boards to -180degree position, but I must have! I'll go check the placer setup right now.
@Kupie, please PM me with your address and I'll mail you another lol. You can keep that one, being that you already made it work-nice job BTW!

Naw it's all good! Not like I'll need to swap the battery out like...within a year or two. I think it's hilarious :D

electronrancher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI - I will start flashing the devices with hekate 4 by default. In my opinion, it's the best loader now and outclasses SXOS with it's new multiboot ability!

romracer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if Hekate v4 could boot SX OS... I know it's coming in due time.

Received my units. They look great. I'll try printing out that case this weekend.

Is there such a thing as a micro-usb male to usb-c male adapter? Or is a 6-inch cable the best anyone's found so far?

electronrancher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad they arrived and you're happy!

Personally, I like a cable for the stress-relief aspect. I have not checked aliexpress recently, but if it's anywhere - it's there! I'll take a look and let you know what I find

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ