Hacking Muramasa: The Demon Blade Freeze (WiiFlow)

alainvey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks,

I am experiencing an issue with Muramasa where initiating dialogue with any character causes a softlock. I get trapped in the dialogue animation, with Momohime's lips moving, the bgm stops, and the dialogue audio and text both fail to load. The game was playing fine up till now - I am past the first boss, and in the area with the palanquin bearers. I have attempted to start dialogue with two different characters and both cause this issue. The fox woman in the previous screen was fine.

I used to know quite a bit about this stuff back in 2010, but these days I'm largely in the dark.

I am running what I think is the latest version of Wiiflow (cannot get USB Loader GX to recognise my HDD), and am on vWii on the WiiU, running the NTSC-US version of the game on my PAL console. Please let me know what other info you need from me. I modded vWii using the stickied guide here around Feb-Mar 2016.

HDD is a WD Elements 1TB thing, which I gather is not great compatibility-wise. Am using a Y cable. I would imagine the issue is related to the drive behaviour, but the fact that it only started happening in a certain area is strange. I have used AUTO and 249 IOS settings.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Last edited by alainvey,

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure your HD is just fine. It sounds to me like your ISO is incomplete/truncated/corrupt/broken. Are you able to verify its MD5 using Wii Backup Manager?

Reactions: alainvey

alainvey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure your HD is just fine. It sounds to me like your ISO is incomplete/truncated/corrupt/broken. Are you able to verify its MD5 using Wii Backup Manager?
Thanks for the reply. I will check the ISO. I obtained it shortly after the game was released, and I finished it completely back then. However, I have moved it around a bit since.

alainvey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That would be ideal, but I only have the PAL disc these days (worse frame rate).

Anyway, I checked the MD5 and there were no errors or any other indication that there is a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-