Homebrew Multiplayer using GamePad on vWii?

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Recently I've been testing TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector, and I have to say it's a great application, for both Noob and Expert in WiiU hacking.
So, Let's say I enable Classic Controller emulation (via Gamepad)
Why can't I sync/connect other controllers while playing vWii with Gamepad? I mean, I know it will always happen when enabling Gamepad with this Injector, but, is there a way to use Gamepad and enjoy Multiplayer at the same time?
Any reply will be appreciated.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Recently I've been testing TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector, and I have to say it's a great application, for both Noob and Expert in WiiU hacking.
Why can't I sync/connect other controllers while playing vWii with Gamepad? I mean, I know it will always happen when enabling Gamepad with this Injector, but, is there a way to use Gamepad and enjoy Multiplayer at the same time?
Hmmm... I might check this out if you give me a sec. Just to be sure, you want to have the game displayed on the gamepad, controlling with the gamepad and using a wiimote or something similar at the same time?

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hmmm... I might check this out if you give me a sec. Just to be sure, you want to have the game displayed on the gamepad, controlling with the gamepad and using a wiimote or something similar at the same time?

Yeah, I'm curious if, for example, I can use Gamepad as a Classic Controller on Smash Brawl, but being able to connect wiimotes and that stuff. Because when using TeconMoon's and enabling Gamepad to use as a Controller it looks like you can't connect wiimotes to the game.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I'm curious if, for example, I can use Gamepad as a Classic Controller on Smash Brawl, but being able to connect wiimotes and that stuff. Because when using TeconMoon's and enabling Gamepad to use as a Controller it looks like you can't connect wiimotes to the game.
I see. I'm trying MKWii to see if it works there first since it's a smaller game and therefore more convenient. I'll tell you what I find out.

Have you tried with a classic controller in addition to the gamepad (in case you have one)?

Reactions: Tur7L3

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just tested it with Classic Controller for Mario Kart Wii and I could not get the second wiimote to connect neither ingame or home menu. I'm thinking you could try to inject the game with wiimote emulation and see if that works.

I also found this under the notes for Dragon Ball Z 3 in the compatibility list:
UPDATED NOTES: If you wish to play multiplayer using Wii Remote + Nunchuck when you select NO to GamePad play, with Nunchuck connected, the game will have random button presses, however Classic Controller connected is fine. so if you want Wii Remote + Nunchuck multiplayer, then dont use the "**Force Classic Controller Connected" option.

Not sure what it means but could be worth a look at.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think your options are either Gamepad (single player only) by ssying yes to gamepad, or using multiple wiimotes (with cc connected if you want) by saying no. I don't think you can use gamepad + wiimote AFAIK.

Reactions: Tur7L3 and Zense

Tur7L3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I just tested it with Classic Controller for Mario Kart Wii and I could not get the second wiimote to connect neither ingame or home menu. I'm thinking you could try to inject the game with wiimote emulation and see if that works.

I also found this under the notes for Dragon Ball Z 3 in the compatibility list:

I also tried that (emulating wiimote), that's how I discovered that I couldn't connect more for multiplayer, guess we'll have to unable Gamepad for vWii Multiplayer until someone releases a homebrew app or game patcher that fixes this problem, or even a TeconMoon's update, who knows.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, not sure what it means neither, maybe when enabling Force Classic Controller emulation it's somehow posible...?

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not count on there being any updates unless someone out of the blue decided to do it. TeconMoon abandoned the project a long time ago. However he did recently make it open source so it's not impossible. But most devs focus on the Switch.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can for Gamecube games via Nintendont, as well as other vWii emulators, however Wii games can only be played with just a Gamepad for player one with no other players, or everyone with Wiimotes, guess that's just how Nintendo had set up the Wii compatibility with the Gamepad for the Wii U.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can for Gamecube games via Nintendont, as well as other vWii emulators, however Wii games can only be played with just a Gamepad for player one with no other players, or everyone with Wiimotes, guess that's just how Nintendo had set up the Wii compatibility with the Gamepad for the Wii U.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only gamepad compatible game for the Wii U is Xenoblade Chronicles, right?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only gamepad compatible game for the Wii U is Xenoblade Chronicles, right?

Perhaps officially, but there are many Wii injects for the Wii U that allow use for the Gamepad. Pretty much any Will game playable with a Wii Classic controller can (and have been on that iso site) be injected to be playable with the Gamepad, and even a handful of games that were wiimote only can be playable with a Gamepad like DKC Returns or even Wiiware titles like Megaman 9 and 10.

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Perhaps officially, but there are many Wii injects for the Wii U that allow use for the Gamepad. Pretty much any Will game playable with a Wii Classic controller can (and have been on that iso site) be injected to be playable with the Gamepad, and even a handful of games that were wiimote only can be playable with a Gamepad like DKC Returns or even Wiiware titles like Megaman 9 and 10.
Haha thanks even though I was already aware of this, as hinted by my reference to the vwii injection compatibility list above. My question was if there were more games than Xeno.Ch. that officially supported the gamepad.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha thanks even though I was already aware of this, as hinted by my reference to the vwii injection compatibility list above. My question was if there were more games than Xeno.Ch. that officially supported the gamepad.

Yeah, shame they never officially put Brawl or Mario Kart Wii onto the Wii U. I imagine with a multiplayer game that could use Wii Classic Controllers, they'd have enabled Wii U pro controllers to be usable for such games as well.

Reactions: Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, shame they never officially put Brawl or Mario Kart Wii onto the Wii U. I imagine with a multiplayer game that could use Wii Classic Controllers, they'd have enabled Wii U pro controllers to be usable for such games as well.
True. I figure they didn't want those games because they would be competing with MK8 and SSB4 Wii U. Really weird how they only incorporated it in that game though :huh:

EDIT: Actually, searching around I found that Pandora's Tower and Sin & Punishment both support the gamepad too. What's interesting is that Sin & Punishment is a two player game. I wonder if you could inject with that one to get gamepad and multiplayer at the same time... This is taking for granted that multiplayer works in sin & punishment while using the gamepad of course. (Please don't disappoint me Nintendo.)

Last edited by Zense,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. I figure they didn't want those games because they would be competing with MK8 and SSB4 Wii U. Really weird how they only incorporated it in that game though :huh:

EDIT: Actually, searching around I found that Pandora's Tower and Sin & Punishment both support the gamepad too. What's interesting is that Sin & Punishment is a two player game. I wonder if you could inject with that one to get gamepad and multiplayer at the same time... This is taking for granted that multiplayer works in sin & punishment while using the gamepad of course. (Please don't disappoint me Nintendo.)

Hmm, I have the wii Sin & Punishment on my Wii U, I'll check how (or if) multiplayer works for that title when the Gamepad is selected for player 1. I have to imagine this has been looked into already and not found to be an option, else all those injects would work the same way, but who knows, maybe it went overlooked or something. I'll edit this post with my findings.

Edit: Yup, just checked, if you play S&P with the Gamepad, you can only play it one player.

Such a shame, you'd think with Nintendont able to be played with the Gamepad and Pro controllers at the same time, that it would be feasible to do the same with the Wii VC titles on the Wii U.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best thing to do although it is pricey if you dont have the controllers but get multiple wiimotes multiple wavebirds and buy mayflash gc adapter for Wii on Amazon $20 will work with 2 controllers so if you want 3 or 4 controllers buy 2. Then you can play multiplayer Wii games with wavebirds. Of course its cheaper to use classic controllers but wavebirds are better. I have this setup myself. It works with injects.

Last edited by JayMathis,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best thing to do although it is pricey if you dont have the controllers but get multiple wiimotes multiple wavebirds and buy mayflash gc adapter for Wii on Amazon $20 will work with 2 controllers so if you want 3 or 4 controllers buy 2. Then you can play multiplayer Wii games with wavebirds. Of course its cheaper to use classic controllers but wavebirds are better. I have this setup myself. It works with injects.

Sure, obviously to play Wii games on the Wii U you can play with Wii compatible controllers. But it'd be ideal if Wii U Pro Controllers could work on Wii games that can use Wii classic controllers, and if player one is using the Gamepad, that if players 2-4 could also play alongside with whatever controllers they like.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, obviously to play Wii games on the Wii U you can play with Wii compatible controllers. But it'd be ideal if Wii U Pro Controllers could work on Wii games that can use Wii classic controllers, and if player one is using the Gamepad, that if players 2-4 could also play alongside with whatever controllers they like.

Normally wavebirds dont work with Wii games though. It requires mayflash adapter.

Theres nothing that can be done to accomplish what you're saying so its moot. But if you have neither you could just buy wavebirds instead of Wii U Pro controllers. I use dualshock 3s wirelessly with magic ns instead of Pro controllers for Wii U games. To me both the classic and the Pro are obsolete.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally wavebirds dont work with Wii games though. It requires mayflash adapter.

Theres nothing that can be done to accomplish what you're saying so its moot. But if you have neither you could just buy wavebirds instead of Wii U Pro controllers. I use dualshock 3s wirelessly with magic ns instead of Pro controllers for Wii U games. To me both the classic and the Pro are obsolete.

Wavebirds will work with Wii games that are compatible with Gamecube controllers. Yes, you need one of the Gamecube controller adapters on the Wii U to use them (thought that would have gone without saying), doesn't need to be mayflash version though, you can use an official version, or many of the other 3rd party options (but not all of them, those Gamecube controller to Wii U 3rd party adapters are not all created equal, but I got a cheap one that works great).

If you like a DS3 controller over Wii U Pro controller, you do you. I personally have never been a fan of Sony's controllers, and will take a Wii U pro controller over a Playstation controller any day, not to mention the absurdly long amount of time a Wii U pro controller stays charged for.

Edit: I now see you're talking about the mayflash adapter to the Wiimote which will allow it to be used for Wii games that can use the classic controller. This is costlier than the 3rd party 4 controller adapters I initially thought you were talking about, but you will get more compatibility with Wii games with it. Still this is a far cry away from what OP wanted.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wavebirds will work with Wii games that are compatible with Gamecube controllers. Yes, you need one of the Gamecube controller adapters on the Wii U to use them (thought that would have gone without saying), doesn't need to be mayflash version though, you can use an official version, or many of the other 3rd party options (but not all of them, those Gamecube controller to Wii U 3rd party adapters are not all created equal, but I got a cheap one that works great).

If you like a DS3 controller over Wii U Pro controller, you do you. I personally have never been a fan of Sony's controllers, and will take a Wii U pro controller over a Playstation controller any day, not to mention the absurdly long amount of time a Wii U pro controller stays charged for.

Edit: I now see you're talking about the mayflash adapter to the Wiimote which will allow it to be used for Wii games that can use the classic controller. This is costlier than the 3rd party 4 controller adapters I initially thought you were talking about, but you will get more compatibility with Wii games with it. Still this is a far cry away from what OP wanted.

I know what the OP asked for, again it is moot because it's not possible and 99.999999% chance it will never be possible, move on from that. It doesn't hurt to give alternative options without someone annoying chirping in to every suggestion I give.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious