Homebrew Mplayer-CE

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Screemer said:
SpaceJump said:
Version 0.76 crashes most of the time on the "Loading MPlayerCE 0.76 ..." screen. Anyone else having this problem?

For now it's back to 0.75 for me.
are you using a forwarder? 0.76 crashed with my forwarder too but if i load it with hbc the problem is gone.
That's odd, I always use the Forwarder and have never had this problem with .76.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
X D D X said:
Screemer said:
SpaceJump said:
Version 0.76 crashes most of the time on the "Loading MPlayerCE 0.76 ..." screen. Anyone else having this problem?

are you using a forwarder? 0.76 crashed with my forwarder too but if i load it with hbc the problem is gone.
That's odd, I always use the Forwarder and have never had this problem with .76.

i can confirm a forwarder made with the GX souce DSI's on exit with 0.76 but 0.75 works a charm with forwarders

EDIT

ppl with forwarder errors using 0.76 try injecting this forwarder .dol into their forwarder .wad it may fix the problem

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/downloads/list

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
pepxl said:
X D D X said:
Screemer said:
SpaceJump said:

i can confirm a forwarder made with the GX souce DSI's on exit with 0.76 but 0.75 works a charm with forwarders
Yep, I have the same one I think, I always get a code dump when I press home.

And i can't post the forwarder here as it's a .wad file that's not allowed on Gbatemp I think.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
X D D X said:
pepxl said:
X D D X said:
Screemer said:
SpaceJump said:

Yep, I have the same one I think, I always get a code dump when I press home.

And i can't post the forwarder here as it's a .wad file that's not allowed on Gbatemp I think.

i think forwarder channels are allowed as they are custom made channels and not IOS, sysmenu or Ninty official channel wads but dont quote ne on that plus ive seen plenty of forwarder wad. link being posted in the backup section and even posted one my self which hasnt been removed yet

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=2420653

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
I had to go back to version 0.75. Was having problems with version 0.76. Kept getting sound but no picture

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Screemer said:
SpaceJump said:

Yes, I'm using a Forwarder. The strange thing is that 0.76 sometimes loads fine, sometimes not. I actually don't think it has something to do with the Forwarder.

dustin6908

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im runnin .75

i have a cheap ebay encloseure with a old laptop hdd in it, mplayer reconzizes and can play media from the drive if its the only usb device pluged inn on eather port

but if i have my flash drive pluged into port0 for usb game loading only with the usb movie hdd inport 1 mplace will not mount it

well i know what ur gonna say set up the games to load through the hdd to with a sepertat partition well with my encloser i get a lot of crashes so much its not even worth bootin it up but my flash drive runs flawless but i need the hdd for movies

how can i make them play nice togather?

thanks dustin

ps i dunno why the encloser works perfect with mplayer but runs horribly with ubd loaders?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Someone having video corruption problems with some movies? Some movies leave a delayed portion of image, looks all screwed, I´m using 0.76, never had a problem with 0.75, with the same movies.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add to the "wtf" of .76 release - I can't get smb to work at all. Provided the smb configuration didn't change, there's no reason either. I just copied over the dol, everything else is the same. smb refuses to connect. Just immediate 'cannot connect..'

Copied back over my *months* old .76 beta and it immediately connected w/o a problem.

Skoopman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This release is really messed up. When I exit Mplayer gives me a nice code dump and "exiting in 8 secods.. exiting" but it just freezes. I always have to shut down my Wii manually
unsure.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skoopman said:
This release is really messed up. When I exit Mplayer gives me a nice code dump and "exiting in 8 secods.. exiting" but it just freezes. I always have to shut down my Wii manually
unsure.gif
If you're using a forwarder that'll happen. Through HBC you should be fine. There's supposed to be an update in the forwarder.dol to embed into .wad files for new forwarders.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Screemer said:
SpaceJump said:

Yes, I'm using a Forwarder. The strange thing is that 0.76 sometimes loads fine, sometimes not. I actually don't think it has something to do with the Forwarder.

It may. Did you try to load it from HBC? Mine worked fine from HBC but was crashing with forwarder at quiting (I did not have any problems with 0.75 and same forwarder) and by injecting mc_player forwarder.dol fixed it.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was looking for a full wad of the app but I am not sure if it is ok to ask it here after reading some of the posts? anyway delete my post if it is not allowed otherwise can someone pm me a link for a full wad (no forwarder as my friend doesnt have a sd card)

thanks

bobnabob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please post a link to a forwarder wad that works for mplayer 0.76 without the code dump upon exiting the program. I tried injecting that .dol into my old wad I had for .75 and it didn't work. Thanks in advance

juggle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ossot said:
Just to add to the "wtf" of .76 release - I can't get smb to work at all. Provided the smb configuration didn't change, there's no reason either. I just copied over the dol, everything else is the same. smb refuses to connect. Just immediate 'cannot connect..'

Copied back over my *months* old .76 beta and it immediately connected w/o a problem.

Funny, my experience is the exact opposite. I tried 5 or 6 of the old .76 pre-releases from the IRC channel and haven't been able to get SMB to work since .74 (See my earlier posts for the details of the issues I've had.)

But thankfully .76 is working great (as long as no one turns on our microwave while I'm watching something!) I am still having a few minor oddities that seem to be due to the smb.conf:

I made two entries for the same share, one with a password one without. The one with the password worked, but the one without didn't even though that share shouldn't need a username/password (I confirmed that I can connect to it from other places without any credentials.) So I went back in and added the username/password to the entry that didn't have it - without changing the one that was working. Now neither of them work. But another share on that same computer (for a folder that happens to have the other share within it no less) is still working so at least I can still get to my videos.

Even odder was I went back to the original smb.conf I had made and both the user/pass and the no user/pass are still not working with that - even though before the change the one with a user/pass and this same .conf file did work.

Makes no sense to me at all:

Config #1 "works"
renamed it and copied it to an edited version - stopped working.
Renamed the original back...and it now has the same problems as the edited version.

But at least some SMB is working for me again and it's actually usable - with .74 it locked up WAY too much to watch a 30 minute show let alone a full movie. Now I can play any length of file it seems - even if i have no navigate through more folders than I'd prefer due to the smb.conf issues that won't leave me alone.

The only playback issue I do have is that the sound gets pretty far out of whack as things play and I have to adjust the audio delay. Thankfully most of the time I listen to the TV more than actually watch it so that doesn't bother me too much in practice.

I say big step forward and can't wait to see the next release.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.