JoelBella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I just modded a new switch and would like to transfer my games from the old switch to the new switch. I have Tinfoil installed on both and was thinking it might be possible to have Tinfoil use the old switch as a source for installing those games onto the new switch(I did uncheck the delete files after installation, so the source files should still be on the old switch) but so far I'm not seeing the option, but I'm surely not much of an expert in tinfoil.
I know I could likely move the games to the PC and then transfer them over to the new switch, but it would be nicer if I could just do it without the middle step.
I appreciate any help.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still recommended to use a PC in between. Specifically with DBI and enabling MTP. You can pull the games directly from the old switch into nsp, or packaged nsps that include the game base plus the updates in one file. Then do the same in reverse to install on the new switch (just drag the file to the directory that shows up in MTP mode.

But for the use case that you want, your easiest way to run a ftp server (ftpd) on the old switch, and then run an ftp client on the new switch (https://github.com/cy33hc/switch-ftp-client) and then just move your nsp's from your old switch to the new one.

I don't know off hand where Tinfoil saves the downloaded NSPs, you might need to google that info.

Reactions: JoelBella

JoelBella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still recommended to use a PC in between. Specifically with DBI and enabling MTP. You can pull the games directly from the old switch into nsp, or packaged nsps that include the game base plus the updates in one file. Then do the same in reverse to install on the new switch (just drag the file to the directory that shows up in MTP mode.

But for the use case that you want, your easiest way to run a ftp server (ftpd) on the old switch, and then run an ftp client on the new switch (https://github.com/cy33hc/switch-ftp-client) and then just move your nsp's from your old switch to the new one.

I don't know off hand where Tinfoil saves the downloaded NSPs, you might need to google that info.
Thank you, I guess I'll just do that, I need to move these games onto my hard drive for backup purposes anyway, so I'll just do that now and get it out of the way.
Post automatically merged:

You can't move encrypted installed games so just reinstall games, you can backup your save from the old switch with tools like Checkpoint/JKSV.
Thank you for the reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol