Homebrew Moonshell2.0beta5(english)

should we boycott the m3 and perhaps even ban M3 news from GBAtemp?

• Yes Boycot and ban them for what they did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Boycot them

• Neither

• Total voters

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's something called editing. And no, you're too extreme. Boycotting the M3 and deleting their existence off the face of GBATemp? Someone's being a bit to harsh. those double posts are completely biased. So what if he's a legendary coder? He's not the only legendary coder alive. Someone could easily come along and break Sakura's record.

Anyway, MoonShell isn't working for me. T_T.

"!! A fatal error has occured !!

The displayed filesize and
the actual filesize are different.

recovered method: Backup all files to hard disk,
and recopy after formatting the card.

Application terminated."

Help? I put the folder in the root of the SD along with those other folders, put the .nds file into the NDS folder... what am I missing

B

ball2012003

Platinum* said:
There's something called editing. And no, you're too extreme. Boycotting the M3 and deleting their existence off the face of GBATemp? Someone's being a bit to harsh. those double posts are completely biased. So what if he's a legendary coder? He's not the only legendary coder alive. Someone could easily come along and break Sakura's record.

Anyway, MoonShell isn't working for me. T_T.

"!! A fatal error has occured !!

The displayed filesize and
the actual filesize are different.

recovered method: Backup all files to hard disk,
and recopy after formatting the card.

Application terminated."

Help? I put the folder in the root of the SD along with those other folders, put the .nds file into the NDS folder... what am I missing
what your supposed to do is just put the moonshell2 folder and moonhell2.nds in the root of your sd card that should make it work

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Really you can just put the moonshell2.nds anywhere on your card or rename it to moonshell.nds and drop it in the moonshl folder in your root to make it your media button
wink.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
enarky said:
Or it's just a retailer that has exclusive rights for Japan. Same situation as Acekard in Korea.

I highly doubt M3 has any "divisions".
M3 has several teams, I can confirm it!!
Not only that I have been talking to them in the past, regarding hacked Sakura, but I have received package from them, from China..
And also, the guy that talked to me confirmed that they have few "unrelated" teams that work on M3 products..

QUOTE(Sarvesh50 @ Jan 17 2009, 10:56 PM) ******* m3 ****** really he is an legendary coder and not even an yen ******* m3 *********
Boycot m3 and delete them of gbatemp
Pointless post, you're not thinking at all, and you obviously haven't read the thread at all!

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so, I rename the 'moonshl2' folder to 'moonshell' and then rename the .nds to 'moonshell.nds' and place it inside the moonshell folder which is within the root of the SD Card? thanks for your support!
^-^

edit: now it can't find the moonshl2 folder. Lemme try renaming the folder.

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. I'll be objective and hear the other side of the story. Scrap the post I made earlier.

Anyway. I have a problem with beta 5, albeit a minor one. Some mp3s does not play well, meaning it only plays on one side (either on the left side or the right side). I tested this on my default Moonshell (1.71) and it doesn't have any problems...
frown.gif

And on renaming "moonshl2.nds" to "moonshl.nds", it doesn't work on EDGE.
frown.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ein-kun said:
Ok. I'll be objective and hear the other side of the story. Scrap the post I made earlier.

Anyway. I have a problem with beta 5, albeit a minor one. Some mp3s does not play well, meaning it only plays on one side (either on the left side or the right side). I tested this on my default Moonshell (1.71) and it doesn't have any problems...
frown.gif

And on renaming "moonshl2.nds" to "moonshl.nds", it doesn't work on EDGE.
frown.gif
2.0 in general seems to have a few issues playing longer/high quality MP3's as well. It hiccups near the beginning as if it can't buffer fast enough.
But 1.71 has no such issue.

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ack. Still same error now. Help?
The .nds is in the root, the folder is in the root.

GRR. It's better than the 1.71 default version for the triple boot loader..

o o
/¯\'

heeelpp. P.S: How do I replace the 1.71v on the "Tools" menu to the 2.00 one?

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Platinum*:

Do a chkdsk on your microSD card.
If you don't know what that mean:
1. Connect your card to your computer with a card reader
2. Note down the drive letter of your card (e.g. "F:")
EDIT: 2.5. backup your files!!!!
3. Start menu - all applications or whatever - accessories - command line
4. type "chkdsk F: /f"
Replace "F:" with your drive letter of course
5. it will fix your card for you. If it asks for anything, answer as you like
6. voila!

Zarcon said:
Even though the translation is REALLY rough looking...even I can make out a few things from it.
QUOTE said:
Yes! i know you can play games on it!
If i didnt know i wouldnt have developed it! I even went to china( for three weeks) when they told me that they couldnt fix a bug.
He KNOWS it can play commercial games.
He KNEW and worked on it fully knowing the fact so in terms of his anti-piracy stance there was no backstabbing.

Actually I read good ol' sarcasm there. I don't think MoonLight would approve commercial rom loading in his original Sakura. After all, the initial versions of Sakura can't load commercial roms.
But hey, if M3 ever "promised" that Sakura would not contain the abilities of loading roms, MoonLight is a fool to believe that. Basically everyone knows that M3DSRs come with 2 sets of firmware for each language: 1 that does only legitimate things like playing mp3 and videos, 1 that loads roms.

My guess is that MoonLight developed the original Sakura without rom loading. Then when the M3 team added rom loading capabilities, they had a bug that can't be resolved, so they got MoonLight to fix that, and MoonLight got quite depressed. But that's just a guess anyway.

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Within the moonshl2 folder, is there something that can be modified to turn off the "Always run DiskCheck on boot" function? In the discussion of the English translation of the beta4, I found out that MoonShell 2 will be able to get past the fatal error screen on the Acekard 2 if the disk check is turned off. I've spent some time perusing for a simple ini file to change, but I failed :/ . Maybe it's more complicated than that.

I want to get running the English version of beta5 on my Acekard 2, so if there is anyone who can offer an easy solution, I'd appreciate it lots. >_

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for taking the time to do so
ohmy.gif
. I'm not totally sure what that means, but I hope that it will work. That's a really weird transliteration of a smiley...

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
Platinum*:

6. voila!

I'll try to comprehend what your saying. You lost me at step 3. Start menu? applications? accessories? I don't see those folders or whatever they are. T_T I'll try to just rid of the check disk in the launch of MoonShell. I accidentally screwed up the firmware trying to figure out the problem so now i have to replace a few folders.

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the modified moonshl2.dat! Is there something undesirable in keeping the check disk disabled? Moonshell 2 is working fine on my Acekard 2 now.

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Platinum* said:
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
Platinum*:

6. voila!

I'll try to comprehend what your saying. You lost me at step 3. Start menu? applications? accessories? I don't see those folders or whatever they are. T_T I'll try to just rid of the check disk in the launch of MoonShell. I accidentally screwed up the firmware trying to figure out the problem so now i have to replace a few folders.

Whoops. You're using Windows right? Because if you don't, I don't know what to do.
Step 3 basically means "open command line interface". If you are on XP or Vista, you can also do the following for step 3:
3. Press Winkey+R OR open start menu and click on "Run...". The "Run" dialog will appear. Clear anything in the box and type "cmd". Click "Run".

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TwilitSky said:
Thanks a lot for the modified moonshl2.dat! Is there something undesirable in keeping the check disk disabled? Moonshell 2 is working fine on my Acekard 2 now.

How did you "disable" the check disk? do I delete the 'Check disk for nds Ver0.4.nds' file?

EDIT: My problem still remains. Gah. I'll just have to stick to the trusty & crusty v1.71+1. Oh joy. T_T
The sleek, chromatic layout is taunting me.
frown.gif

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Platinum* said:
TwilitSky said:

How did you "disable" the check disk? do I delete the 'Check disk for nds Ver0.4.nds' file?

Download the "moonshl2.dat" on the first post in this thread and replace your own file with that name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...