Homebrew MoonShell 2.1 Set up problem

Brogz42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running the setup app in the moonshell download folder and I keep getting this error.
????
"C:\Users\Zac\Desktop\2010087312320_moonshell210childzwai\moonshl2\extlink\TextEdit\?????????????.txt". The filename, directory name, or valume label syntax is incorrect ??????.
I have tried deleting all the files and downloading it again from filetrip. No luck
I took off all files from my sd card and reformatted it using SDFormatter. Still no luck
I renamed the main folder it is in and the text file to be the same name. Yet again no luck.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? I do not have my acekard yet, I just wanted to get my sd set up for once I get it. Do I have to wait until I have my acekard? Anyone know how I can get the set up to work?

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is your operating system?
Did you selected the good drive? Have you tried on another card?

Brogz42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=12849
Use the setup.exe from this file. The original one had a bug that moonlight later fixed. It's a language issue with the computer.
I downloaded that file and replaced the old setup file with the new and now it will make the files it needs and starts to copy but only gets about half way before popping up with the same error message.

I'm running windows 7. I picked the right drive but I never tried another card I want to be able to use my 8 gig.

Brogz42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:/ ...Just copy over the moonshl2 folder and moonshl2.nds to your microSD. If it works but there is no sound, use the alternative loader one.
Alright, I'll have to wait till my card gets in to find out if I have sound.
Did you try to give compatibility node a shoot?
No, what do I have to do to run that?

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I actualy meant mode, right click, properties, compatibility, check the box and select win xp

Brogz42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actualy meant mode, right click, properties, compatibility, check the box and select win xp
Should I select XP even though I am running 7?
My wife took my laptop to milwaukee for my daughters appointments so I'll try this when she gets back either tonight or tomorrow

Brogz42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I find compatibility mode? I searched through all the tabs in the properties? Do I run the Set up in compatibility mode? I ran it as an admin but there was no difference. When I run it it creates a dustbox moonmemo and a voicerec folder but no .nds file anywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: