Homebrew Moonshell 2.06 is out !

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
ofcourse RAM on SLot-2 helps Moonshell to work more than it usually do with NDS 4mb built in memory..

i tested moonshell 2 2.05 without RAM on Slot-2..

test(listen music while reading manga *manga is equivalent to comics and comics is a picture format when you read it on your computer*)

- results Memory Full (force to restart moonshell2 manually)
- unstable sometimes, specially if you play dpg format video in 23fps @ 450kbps

while with a RAM on slot-2 (this time i use my supercard lite)

- the BSOD for memory full is not showing anymore
- more stable *video is running very smoothly*

pros: more stable if you have slot-2 expansion ram
cons: your DS battery will die sooner than expected.. (total of 4 hours operating time in full brightness)

-----------------------

EDIT: 2.06 is buggy *Dont use it*

1- Progressive Images will just hang (youll wait forever)
2- the music is choppy while you browse along on the browser, (in 2.05, that issue is not happening, the music plays just fine)

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gariscus said:
Strange 2.06 isn't buggy for me...

Yes it works perfect.
It would be really cool if they can make a function for chosing witch plugin you want to use if there are more detected because textwriter works good but you cant read fine.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
squirrelman10 said:
so how are you guys getting this 2.06 working what files do i need to put on my sd card?? and also what cards does it wokr on?
There is a setup file in the folder. If you click that it will ask for language, what disk and what you want to install. Done in 2 seconds and puts everything on. It works on every card

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having no problems with this version, themes work better and video play is smoother. The video loads a lot faster, it browses thru it much faster, and the video is clearer the before. Also no lag in music when your browsing thru folders.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
so how are you guys getting this 2.06 working what files do i need to put on my sd card?? and also what cards does it wokr on?
-edit-
xD posted before I could.
As for what cards it works on, it has been reported to work on the Acekard series, most R4 clones, DSTT, M3 series, CycloDS, EDGE...and probably everything else that you can DLDI patch the nds file for...

There actually is lag in the music when you are browsing through folders, but its really only noticeable if you just highlight a folder and press the A button rapidly xD (in other words, its totally irrelevant to normal usage).

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
^actually if the cart supports auto-DLDI you dont have to do anything..

just copy moonshl2 folder and the moonshell2.nds file on your SD card

-----------------

try it guys .. go open a progressive image.. it will stuck on Loading bar to 4%
so as of now im revertd to 2.05, cause of compatibility. I can browse my Images withoout Loading bar stuck. And play audio very fine, and the videos are working just fine, very smoothly cause i have my slot-2 cart since i brought my DS and installed yhe moonshell 2

Sir G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is excellent! The change that I love the most is that my RAM in the 2nd revision of the EZ Flash 3 in 1 is detected.

Now I can finally optimize my videos!

I hope you all enjoy this update as much as I, sirs.

Username_09

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Magmorph said:
I thought Moonlight stopped working on MoonShell after he made Sakura and got ripped off. This is great he is still working on it.
smile.gif
Me too, but this is good news.
I LOVE MOONSHELL
yaynds.gif

(but he should integrate avi support)

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh, how about text reader support? any improvements/changes? outright removal even?

and is there any difference with or without ram for reading text?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll give a progressive jpg a shot (though I have to search for one. Usually I have everything in png). I'll report back what happens in a little bit.

----edit------
I tried out a progressive picture or two. They seem to work fine (but its still extremely slow...or maybe its because my picture is sort of big?). At least, nothing froze and everything seems to have loaded correctly.

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
noONE said:
Nice with external RAM support for 3in1, what about the Ewin 2in1/DSTT ram pack?
EZ 3in1 v1 = OK
EZ 3in1 v2 = OK
EZ 3in1 plus = ? (TheDarkSeed said OK from v.2.06)
Ewin 2in1 = OK
DSTT 2in1 = OK
M3 2in1 = OK
Supercard SD/miniSD = OK
G6 = ? (Maybe OK)
M3 perfect = ? (Maybe OK)
EZ-Flash 4 = Not found
798-Icebird said:
QUOTE(Gariscus @ Nov 6 2009, 03:22 PM) Strange 2.06 isn't buggy for me...

Yes it works perfect.
It would be really cool if they can make a function for chosing witch plugin you want to use if there are more detected because textwriter works good but you cant read fine.
Works fine for me too exept on my EZ5. The pictures freeze the EZ5.
The 2.05 don't work on DSone OS. Moonshell works again on DSone OS thus.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Username_09 said:
Magmorph said:
I thought Moonlight stopped working on MoonShell after he made Sakura and got ripped off. This is great he is still working on it.
smile.gif
Me too, but this is good news.
I LOVE MOONSHELL
yaynds.gif

(but he should integrate avi support)
You know that you can use Tuna-viDS as Plug-in for Moonshell?

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i found a changelog if you view moonshells website using the Opera web browser and switch it to SSR (small screen rendering mode) it show this at the bottom of the page

Temporary update information. This is a translation not accurate. I apologize because communication is difficult.
update point for Version 2.06 stable
The simple setup tool was appended. Of course, MoonShell can be renewed even in a simple folder copy.
It is likely to have been able to correspond to EZ3in1 of something possibly.
I heard that I might stop with EZ5 and SCDSOne(?) because of the VRAM write-back cache system. VRAMCacheEnabled was added to [System] section of moonshl2.ini. When the problem of stopping irregularly occurs. Please change to VRAMCacheEnabled=0.
About FileList and TextReader and ImageViewer. It corresponded to the flick scroll (Smooth scroll by touch).
The bug that stopped when the EXIF image was read was corrected.
Text editors were integrated. Please move the cursor to the text file, and "Long Push" A button. However, the file that exceeds 128kbyte cannot be edited.
I apologize to my poor English. The problem that MoonShell was not able to be started with some adaptors (subspecies of new type R4?) was not able to be solved. sigh. sorry...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?