Gaming Monster Hunter Weapon Debate~

JunkBox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I am Heavy Weapons Guy, and Great Swords are my blade of choice. MH1, MHF, MHF2, MHP2g, MHTri, MHP3rd. Nothing can stand against my blade.

Side Note: I really wish Ls was never created because of it the gs has lost a vast array of good looking weapons and many Ls are not even LS their obviously Gs :/ when they made the split Ls is anything long and Gs is super short n wide WTF >.> why is it their are LS bigger than ANY gs yet you swing them like their nothing? but yet a tiny Gs you swing like its 1000lbs >.> wtf

JunkBox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I was Great Sword-ing through MHFU, but loving the Long Sword in Portable 3rd. Took a while to get used to the fact that I can't block, but upgraded Spirit Combo and the damage buff, with great power and decent maneuverability pretty much takes the cake for me.
doesnt help their are so many cool looking Ls in P3 :/ fucking CHAINSAW xD and the GS is jewd it has so few weapons let alone good looking ones and the only legit Gs is the Amatsu Gs lol I hate how they shrunk the Gs so much especialy the Narga Gs :/ oh or how the last Rath Gs requires all Silver parts but yet its apearence is still reg rath :/ P3 is shit for Gs/Hamma/Ds
why? Gs and Hamma have few weapons let alone good ones and were jewd outve almost every new monster while weapons like Ls get a weapon FOR EVERYTHING not to mention since they made the weapons ballanced the GS and Hamma no longer are power weapons they dont have the Oomph they used to. and Ds has FAR to few weapons and id rather have the tumble over the side step

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realized from april fool comment this was a necro far too late :P

That said, greatsword and gunlances were my preference. I'd unsheathe swing with great sword, roll away, sheath, then run away. Was rinse, repeat.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Bowgun. Bowgun all the way. Bowgun till I die, which is unfortunately common.

But I'm very comfortable with Bowguns now, that I'm farming Cephadrome my first few hours into the game (MHFreedom). Not much, I know, but I plan on sticking to Heavy Bowguns for as long as I can, only switching to Light if and when I go against something that'll need more speed.

Also, Cluster shots for the win.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tie between the Long Sword and Switch Axe. I used Long Sword since it was introduced, and its still my most used weapon. I love the range and the speed of it. Also the fact it buffs its own damage, and the Spirit combo.

I also love using the Switch Axe for the built in ESP of the Sword Mode, the insane reach of the upswing on the Axe mode (Pretty sure its the highest hitting move in the game), and how easy it is to inflict negative effects with the phials.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Didn't someone calc out that SA is basically the biggest single hit damage in the whole game ? SA is really good though
It does a quick sidestep that takes you further than rolling
It have insane range
it have batshit damage
it have ESP
you walk normally when using it

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer SnS. The reasons?
1. You can hit lots of times
2. It's an agile weapon and is the only one (in Mh3) that allows you to use an item while your weapon is out.
3. It Has high status effects which helps out a lot in groups as Gameandmatch has said. Love the almighty dahaka and its para ability. It's helped me and my group online a lot!
4. You get a nifty shield for blocking enemy attacks! ^_^
Many people say they don't like it because the damage is so slow but i have to argue that it can hit up to 7 times in a row without stopping. With the SnS it's a slow and steady hunt with less worries about getting killed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    even though it is a system prone to rrod which it doesn't have
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would not recommend 360 phat models anymore, slims are better, and RGH3 possible, phats only rgh1 or jtag
    +1
    ya but phat has ps2 chip in it :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This is a great buying guide that I recommend.
    my rgh systems glitch pretty damn fast
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Except Winchester, which even to this day, is not moddable.
    +1
    now I'm trying to figure out PS4 modding.
    +1
    looks easy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, It definitely did take a while for the PS4 to be fully hacked, much like the PS Vita.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sony has announced that they will be using a non-x86 processor for their next-gen console.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Amazon fire sticks switching to a custom linuxOs instead of Android, sucks for 3rd party apks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is the red ring of death still common in phat xbox 360s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And Linux, regardless of its distro, is still easy to install 3rd-party modifications.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yes, phats are just a good heater for the winter months
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes, its only relatively common on early models.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then the chance of potentially me wanting to have a phat xbox 360 is -1%
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If you have one, then chances are is that it needs a reballing of the chips.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you can Get a slim, even if few dollars more, do it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    @BigOnYa im atm fine with my ps3
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Falcon RGH models are fine, but a slim model is slightly more money apparently.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I remember that my uncle-in-law has (or had?) an Xbox 360 which I think was a slim one
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've modded prob over 50 Xbox360 over the years, never have I seen a slim come back to me, only the phats. N yea most time it needs reballed.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, loves Phil spencer
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Phil Spencer is a big asshole.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Phil Spencer is a big asshole.