'Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin' gets launch trailer and post-launch roadmap

mon hun banner.JPG

Launching next week on the Nintendo Switch and PC is Monster Hunter Stories™ 2: Wings of Ruin and in anticipation of the release, Capcom aired the launch trailer today:

The trailer also provided a post-launch roadmap that includes 5 free updates till October. Update #1 on July 15th will include Palamute as a new monstie. Update #2 on August 5th also includes new monsties but also a co-op quest. Updates #3 and #4 includes new mosties and another co-op quest. The final update will come in October and include new monsties and another co-op quest. More details about the roadmap can be found below:

mon hun roadmap.jpg

To have an idea about the co-op gameplay, Capcom also released a new trailer about this mode today:

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin launches this July 9 on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it won't be worth picking up (on Steam) until at least October when it's feature (creature) complete and has some discount on it. Assuming it reviews well and it's worth picking up at all, anyway.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd rather an option to remove his voicelines as well as any non-cutscene appearence. I'd rather him removed entirely, but what can ya do?
I don't mind a little cute character/mascot in the game to be honest. Keep in mind this spinoff series is aimed at younger players than the main MH series. But if you don't like him it's fine. He was less "annoying" in the demo than in the previous game.

Reactions: Azael_inf

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Been playing the demo for a while and I've been loving it.
I've only played it in portable mode but haven't had any issues with the game.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be an option to remove uncapped FPS, because it's a useless feature in any game. 30 FPS, 60 FPS, yes, but fluctuating framerates are trash.

Kunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been playing the demo for a while and I've been loving it.
I've only played it in portable mode but haven't had any issues with the game.
I tried in portable and docked mode and the framerate was vomit inducing. It's mostly when moving the camera around the fps drops to what looks like 20-24. Hopefully they fix that with full release.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm enjoying the demo, so far. While I prefer certain elements from the original, this sequel seems to be headed in the right direction. Definitely looking forward to the full release and its subsequent updates and DLCs.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if only it had cross play for PC to Switch.....
You never know, Overwatch just got crossplay. It's completely possible for paid titles to have it, most publishers just don't want to put the work in or exclusively rely on Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo servers for the online for that console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok