Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Hype Thread!!

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Every loader I tried to start MHTri with works just fine if you've installed 249 rev19 based on 37, there are no problems with other games after doing this or anything...
I don't know why people bother with these fixes and other crap when everything you'd normally would use actually works great if you've installed rev19 correctly.
Here's a video I made showing a few loaders booting up MHTri, it's all done on 249 rev19 based on 37: Linky

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soulshine said:
iantothemax said:
The Viztard said:
constant little freezes during cutscenes and lagging sound to framerate are expected from playing from a dvd correct?

just wonderin....
smile.gif

Yeah, I got some of that too, but the main gameplay is fine and without stutters. It loads amazingly fast too.

Just to let everyone know, I got mine working using the NeoGamma method (ios 249 with ios 37 as base). Thank you so much!
I'm new to softmodding...I have NeoGamma. Can you tell me a bit more on how'd you make this game work? When I start a new game, I get this high pitched noise, and a black screen.

like it says above, use cIOSX rev 19 installer and the X in this part is IOS 37

Lee060282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im having a problem and would like some help please.
Im using usbloader and had the same prob with the beeping untill i used the cIOSX rev 19 installer with ios249 and i selected ios 37.
All worked fine untill i turned the wii off and it reverted back to the beeping prob again.
Re-doing the cIOSX rev 19 installer fix's it till i turn the wii off.
I would rather not have to run cIOSX rev 19 installer everytime.
Thanks for any help.

Duero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
4 bloody days before Monster hunter Tri comes out in sweden man I can barely wait ooh I sooo want it.
I have to play some sakura wars on the wii that I get to morrow then hehe.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i cant seem to play this game with cheats, it freezes at a black screen if i start it with cheats enabled

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xale said:
so i cant seem to play this game with cheats, it freezes at a black screen if i start it with cheats enabled

Cheats get you an automatic ban online so I wouldn't cheat anyway. Even if you use the cheats offline.

tomthemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i boot with neogamma i click run, then i hear two clicks and then get an error while still in neogamma. i cant even get to the capcom screen. i did the ciosxrev19 with ios 37. any ideas?

freshheat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies but i have a very noob question. once i download 249 rev19 what exactly do i do with it?

Edit: forget it, i figured it out thanks anyways

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aeladya said:
Xale said:

Cheats get you an automatic ban online so I wouldn't cheat anyway. Even if you use the cheats offline.
Well, not immediately. You get warned and suspended before an actual ban.

freshheat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i uninstall Darkcorps before installing 249 rev19?

Edit: Thank you for all the help, i just used a USB loader instead of Disc and now it works just fine.

blackflag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works fine for me with softchip r99 cios 249 rev 17.

Should I just upgrade to rev19 anyway? Everything works don't want to screw up other games

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
whilst people argue in the release thread about what sold more can anyone help me with this please:-

I'm basically new to the Wii scene we have here and I only softmodded my Wii last week using this part of This Guide
QUOTE said:
Making a NAND backup
Restart your Wii, if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on.
If Bootmii was only installed as an IOS, then it must be loaded by pressing home in the HBC & clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button.
[You can also navigate with a gc controller.]
Press reset to choose the first option, & then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup.
[Bad blocks are no problem.]
Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, & keys.bin elsewhere & erase from the sd card. [or rename it.]
Head back to The Homebrew Channel.

Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
Go down to select Install & Patch IOS36.
Choose Express Mode.
Go down to select Remove stubbed IOSs.
Press A everytime it finds a stub.
Go up and choose WAD manager.
Press 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them.
Press any button to return to the main menu.

at which point I proceeded to use the Configurable USB Loader

I got Mario Kart Wii and Rune Factory Frontier working right off the bat but as people have found Monster Hunter Tri is a pain in the butt to fix (for someone new to the scene like me
blink.gif
)

so basically would anyone be able to guide me step by step on how to get this working on my Wii with Configurable USB Loader
smile.gif

EDIT:- my Wii is on 4.2E and I've done practically nothing but used the guide above for it

thanks in advance tempers

Ceasama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
sjeps said:
PAL anyone?

Works on PAL with the same usbloader or darkcorp setup as most NTSC users are reporting success with. I am using USB loader GX with hermes 223 (merged 37+38). Online service is unavailable until later today so no idea if online works and what servers you end up on.

There is no PAL release yet obviously.

JoeHero31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will spend most of my time siphoning through this thread and other places for the right set ups.
[/quote]

Just wanted to let you know if you Load Monster Hunter Tri (3) off a USB HD then you will want to select Jap language and force NTSC video using ISO 223 Hermes v.4 if you do this correctly then when you select to begin new game you will not get that awful buzzing sound and the game should load right up. Customize a character and have fun.

EDIT:I would like you all to know that if you have channels created through the wbfs manager they will no longer work if you install IOS249 Rev 19 base 37. You will also find out that some of those wads you have been saving will no longer install. If you did this you can re-install 249 rev 19 with base 57 for the WADs & Channels to work again. I will look into getting the wads & channels to work with the base 37 but i think i am wasting my time as i had this working fine with IOS223 with hermes v4 and others got it working on IOS222 hermes v4. It depends on what your base is??? If you have merged 37 and 38 or have base 38 this method should work for you on 4.1u systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: (try to) enjoy ur time