Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
1) Just follow one guide (the one on the first page OR the one thats linked)

2) Thats correct and no its not dangerous
Many thanks tj_cool.

Will report back this evening.

Wish me luck!
unsure.gif

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dave_r_webber said:
I have a new Wii i just got for xmas and I was trying to install the softmod on it, everything was working fine while i got to the end. When trying to load the wiiflow the system just kinda shuts down, like the wiimote goes out of sync with the wii. this also happens with two different versions of wad manager and when trying to load ciosrev17. any suggestions on why these wont work??

which IOS are you choosing for install?
do the other wads install okay?
did you properly remove the stubbed IOS249 and IOS250?
try installing using the cIOS installer and IOS38 wad
http://www.mediafire.com/?axdotk54wzu
did you delete the stub ios's?

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am happy to report the installation went without a hitch.. well, got no errors on any of the steps. Can successfully boot to System Menu, Priloader and have a Nand backup. Thanks to the OP for the fantastic guide and thanks to the community for the useful YouTube videos / guides.

Now I've yet to install USB Loader GX and the CIOS... that's tomorrow work!

2 quick questions:

1. Is bricking the Wii (once it's been modded) easily done? I know not to update (without using a guide online first) and have switched on parental control (which I think prevents this), but should I avoid downloading any homebrew apps before they've been out a while and tested.

2. I've seen mentions of terms like Scrubbed and such, and also SaBB (Scrubbed and Brick Blocked?)? Is there somewhere I can read what these mean? Are they important to a softmodded Wii? I can only presume Nintendo are injecting various hack preventions and such into discs so is "scrubbing" referred to as the process of removing these. I could be way off so please clarify.

Thanks again all!

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basquille said:
Am happy to report the installation went without a hitch.. well, got no errors on any of the steps. Can successfully boot to System Menu, Priloader and have a Nand backup. Thanks to the OP for the fantastic guide and thanks to the community for the useful YouTube videos / guides.

2 quick questions:

1. Is bricking the Wii (once it's been modded) easily done? I know not to update (without using a guide online first) and have switched on parental control (which I think prevents this), but should I avoid downloading any homebrew apps before they've been out a while and tested.

2. I've seen mentions of terms like Scrubbed and such, and also SaBB (Scrubbed and Brick Blocked?)? Is there somewhere I can read what these mean? Are they important to a softmodded Wii? I can only presume Nintendo are injecting various hack preventions and such into discs so is "scrubbing" referred to as the process of removing these. I could be way off so please clarify.

Thanks again all!

Scrubbing is not necessary at all. Really shouldn't be something you focus on. Brick blocking is a must. Discs have updates in them, that will cause problems unless you block them. Won't necessarily cause a brick, but will f00k up your softmod. So, use PriiLoader to block updates on discs, and I would run ISOs through various "brick blocker" apps out there. There are a few for wind0ze as well as 1 really for Mac OS. Just use Google on those.

Bricking is very easy to do if you aren't sure what you are doing. If you just go willy nilly installing IOSes and different apps can def. do some damage. Never do any official Nintendo updates. Never. Use a Safe Updater you'll find on this site. Same with game updates, don't do them.

As far as Homebrew apps, I like to wait a while, as you saw with the recent updates to DOP-IOS, there were many problems and bugs, so they say not to use em, revert back to older versions. So, it is definitely good to wait a bit, at least I do.

Hope this helps

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
its updated again?? sometimes the problem with the updated files is that there are bugs and sometimes it doesnt work properly especially in the part of the trucha bug.

its always updated that when you look at the first page, the instructions and the files are different so you have to re download again the files.

i had a problem modding the wii of my friend last week bucause i got stuck in the trucha part, luckilly i found the old guide using google, now the wii works!

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
while i dont this and didnt have a problem i found it a bit hard to understand how the trucha bug patching was done once i done it i understood the steps but it was a bit confusing to understand
appart from that was done and went sweet took bout half hr and all done

veganjustice said:
basquille said:

2 quick questions:

Thanks again all!

Scrubbing is not necessary at all. Really shouldn't be something you focus on. Brick blocking is a must. Discs have updates in them, that will cause problems unless you block them. Won't necessarily cause a brick, but will f00k up your softmod. So, use PriiLoader to block updates on discs, and I would run ISOs through various "brick blocker" apps out there. There are a few for wind0ze as well as 1 really for Mac OS. Just use Google on those.

Bricking is very easy to do if you aren't sure what you are doing. If you just go willy nilly installing IOSes and different apps can def. do some damage. Never do any official Nintendo updates. Never. Use a Safe Updater you'll find on this site. Same with game updates, don't do them.

As far as Homebrew apps, I like to wait a while, as you saw with the recent updates to DOP-IOS, there were many problems and bugs, so they say not to use em, revert back to older versions. So, it is definitely good to wait a bit, at least I do.

Hope this helps

cant get more simple than to rip your games from the disc in a usbloader and make sure it rips the game partition only (cfg loader does, i cant vouch for the others tho) and ur done no need to brick block
if u have an iso and ur not sure if it is the game partition only use something like wbfs_file.exe and use the commands -g

as for scrubbing its only good if your storing the games in iso format on your computer as a safe copy or using them on an nfts file system for the wii

Lyker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I was on the Dop-IOS Mod step I had crashes all the time, when the app was unpacking/checking the file.
I think I had bad luck and used the guide when it was just updated to Dop-IOS Mod v11.

I restarted like 10 times and had crashes but finally it worked. Could this lead to any problems in the future?

I am running usbloader GX and tried alot of games with no problem.

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the advice all..

Not sure how many original games I'll be copyright, but I'll ensure to look for ISO's that have already been Brick Blocked!

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have a 4.2 Wii here and I went through the guide as usual and I can't load USB Loader GX it gives me errors stating that cIOS 222v4 and 249 v9 are stubbed. Well I already went through the...

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
Press + on:
cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v17.wad
cIOS250-v17.wad
IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad
Press 1 to install the cIOS's.
Press home to exit.

Batch wad install goes fine, so I assume all these cIOS's are installed fine. I dunno wtf is goin on its drivin me crazy, help me out if you can guys I appreciate it.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
use any title deleter to delete the IOSs' giving u problems, then reinstall them using wad manager

problem solved
wink.gif

Sweet I'll give it a go, I'm all backed up.

Edit: Sure enough! Problem solved, thanks for the help dawg.

Serpent01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok iam confused iam trying to follow this but i dont get what it means by the "21 different IOS files" i need to install.

edit: forget it...iam an idiot.

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the simplistic mod word-for-word to softmod a Wii 4.2E and all seems to works OK.

1. With regards to playing USB backups using USB Loader GX, do I still need to install the cIOS Installer 38r16 (using this guide) after following the guide in the original post?

2. Is USB Loader GX the recommended usb loader or is there a better one available?

3. I'm on a Mac running 10.4 so I use the Java application WiiPatcher, Java version of WiiBrickBlocker to brick block and set the region of my ISO to PAL. Is this application still supported / reliable as I can't find much information it.

Thanks in advance.

ctg052

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi to all,

@xzxero

I'm on 56k and my ISP disconnects it's clients after every 6 hours of being online.
So the IP is changed and I can't resume the file UPDATE NTSC.

Please don't blast me me for asking. Could "anyone" split the UPDATE NTSC file into two files?

If "anyone" don't want to,it's OK. I know it would be because of good reasons.

Thanks either way,

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ctg052 said:
Hi to all,

@xzxero

I'm on 56k and my ISP disconnects it's clients after every 6 hours of being online.
So the IP is changed and I can't resume the file UPDATE NTSC.

Please don't blast me me for asking. Could "anyone" split the UPDATE NTSC file into two files?

If "anyone" don't want to,it's OK. I know it would be because of good reasons.

Thanks either way,
Have you tried http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126 or http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/us.../nus-downloader to get the wads needed

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
basquille said:
I followed the simplistic mod word-for-word to softmod a Wii 4.2E and all seems to works OK.

1. With regards to playing USB backups using USB Loader GX, do I still need to install the cIOS Installer 38r16 (using this guide) after following the guide in the original post?

2. Is USB Loader GX the recommended usb loader or is there a better one available?

3. I'm on a Mac running 10.4 so I use the Java application WiiPatcher, Java version of WiiBrickBlocker to brick block and set the region of my ISO to PAL. Is this application still supported / reliable as I can't find much information it.

Thanks in advance.
1. No, you have a cIOS already

2. GX is one of the best. Others are Configurable USB loader and Wiiflow. Its al personal preference

3. Don't scrub/brickblock games. Just run the games with a loader or enable StartPatch/Priiloader hacks to block updates

basquille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
1. No, you have a cIOS already
I assumed so.. cheers!

tj_cool said:
2. GX is one of the best. Others are Configurable USB loader and Wiiflow. Its al personal preference
I like the look of Wiiflow.. but i'll play around with GX first.

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Feb 4 2010, 02:55 PM)
3. Don't scrub/brickblock games. Just run the games with a loader or enable StartPatch/Priiloader hacks to block updates
Ahh.. so I've 'Block Disc Updates' and 'Block Online Updates' disabled in Priiloader so no need to worry about scrubbing or brickblock games.

Last question - should I be wary in using retail games? I got Super Smash Bros Brawl, Pikmin, Indiana Jones Lego free with my Wii so with the Priiloader settings above, these should be safe to use as is in the Wii (without making an ISO of them and or using a loader), correct?

Sorry if they seem like stupid questions, I just want to make sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +2
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit young to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth. +2