Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Manic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After following this tutorial, 4.2 was installed correctly, but whenever I try to load up a backup launcher, it loads as a menuless screen. I followed the tutorial step by step, and I'm not sure what I have to do to fix it.

RR99i

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the email address is still working. I was thinking I would get an auto reply. I'm basically needing modify.zip.
smile.gif
I have a LU62 USA 4.2 Wii.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
tj_cool said:
TeenTin said:
W hat said:
I followed this guide, but I still can't get NSMB to run via latest USB Loader GX! Help?
No more GX. Go get CFG.
Thats your personal opinion
If he wants GX, then he can use GX

And CFG won't magically fix the game

1. Many people are willing to listen to others personal opinion.
2. CFG does fix the game.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
usb loader gx also fixes the game... so what's your point? its all a matter of personal preference

nothing wrong with expressing opinion, just make sure to explicitly state that they are opinions... try not to say things like "no more gx. go get cfg", don't u think that could be misinterpreted and mislead others into believing usb loader gx is no longer being maintained (which clearly it is)

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
tj_cool said:
TeenTin said:
W hat said:
I followed this guide, but I still can't get NSMB to run via latest USB Loader GX! Help?
No more GX. Go get CFG.
Thats your personal opinion
If he wants GX, then he can use GX

And CFG won't magically fix the game

1. Many people are willing to listen to others personal opinion.
2. CFG does fix the game.
I think tj_cool meant that it's personal preference. If you want to use CFG that's fine but W hat was asking to get it to run with GX. Works for me on both GX and CFG. Try deleting the config files for GX. It worked for someone else in the GX thread.

AlpineMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unr007d said:
been out of the wii scene since i updated to 3.2 and followed your guide and was very impressed on how it was set-up and easy to follow...so now i have myself a 4.2 wii with all the bells and whistles and it only took me 20 minutes...thanks alot

Did you have any hacks while you were at 3.2? Did you have to first uninstall them or did you just update to 4.2 and followed the hack procedure from page 1?

johneem said:
QUOTE(Kingc @ Nov 18 2009, 07:52 PM) Johneem: I think I got the same error as you (the -2). The problem for me was the SD card, and more spesifically the "write protection"...So i played around a bit with the tiny lock switch, and...voilla! Bootmii would install...

Have you tried with another SD card?
smile.gif

will try that, I'm in the process of virginizing my wii
smile.gif

thanks

Do you have to "virginize" your Wii in order to install this hack?

I was able to hack a virgin 3.4U following all steps from page 1. I have a 3.2U system that I'd also like to do this on, but it already has Softmii and Priiloader (I think). I'd really like to know whether I can simply update to 4.2 then proceed with all the steps from page 1.

Thanks!!!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
with my previous post, I meant that there is no need to change to CFG loader just to get the game to work
Its fine you advise it, but as I said, thats what you think is the best. This doesn't mean anyone else MUST use it
wink.gif

RR99i said:
I don't know if the email address is still working. I was thinking I would get an auto reply. I'm basically needing modify.zip.
smile.gif
I have a LU62 USA 4.2 Wii.
PM'ed
if anyone else needs the files, PM or mail me and I'll answer once I read the PM/Mail (which can take a while if I'm offline)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xflak40 said:
usb loader gx also fixes the game... so what's your point? its all a matter of personal preference

nothing wrong with expressing opinion, just make sure to explicitly state that they are opinions... try not to say things like "no more gx. go get cfg", don't u think that could be misinterpreted and mislead others into believing usb loader gx is no longer being maintained (which clearly it is)

My point is CFG has the highest compatibility. I am sorry to have misled you.

Manic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Manic said:
After following this tutorial, 4.2 was installed correctly, but whenever I try to load up a backup launcher, it loads as a menuless screen. I followed the tutorial step by step, and I'm not sure what I have to do to fix it.

And here's a screenshot of what happens. It just stays at that screen, no menu loads at all. Same thing with a previous version of Gecko.
snapshot20091125z.jpg

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Manic said:
Manic said:

And here's a screenshot of what happens. It just stays at that screen, no menu loads at all. Same thing with a previous version of Gecko.
snapshot20091125z.jpg
Most people are using Neogamma. Try that out.

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
spiritos said:
Heya guys,
I have done the tutorial for a friend's wii, the only step I didn't follow through was:

Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

I have restored the IOS 15 AFTER the:

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad
Press home to exit.

The wii works fine, but it still doesn't read backups,
any idea what can be done? or is it one of the stubborn d3-2 ones?

btw I didn't install the preloader....

How are you trying to launch your games? through the disc channel or through a backuplauncher? which backup launcher if u are using one? Did you not read at the start of the guide where it says to follow the steps in order and not skip anything. It should be fixable but im not 100% sure.

Manic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Manic said:
Manic said:

snapshot20091125z.jpg
Most people are using Neogamma. Try that out.

NeoGamma doesn't work either. It loads and asks if I have a USBGecko in slot 2, but when I press A, it does nothing.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just me or is anyone getting crc failed, corrupted file when trying to unzip? I get this for the ntscupdate.zip and ntscdowngrade.zip. Modify.zip seems to be fine. Downloaded them again and same issue.

dngmouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
is it just me or is anyone getting crc failed, corrupted file when trying to unzip? I get this for the ntscupdate.zip and ntscdowngrade.zip. Modify.zip seems to be fine. Downloaded them again and same issue.

i'm getting same thing. for ntscupdate.zip:
CRC failed in wad\IOS33-64-v3091.wad

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys i didnt have a chance to test ill see whats up!

can you guys dl the other zip's and see whats up?

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
thanks guys i didnt have a chance to test ill see whats up!

can you guys dl the other zip's and see whats up?

Modify.zip is good
ntscupdate.zip is bad (CRC failed in wad\IOS33-64-v3091.wad)
ntscudowngrade.zip is bad (CRC failed in wad\System Menu-NUS-v449.wad)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1