Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

bones1991

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,
first of all I gotta say that this is awesome! I just used it last night. But I had a question.

Whenever I tried to Backup my files NAND by going to HBC > bootmii the screen just went black and the Cd tray started blinking "Blue" and I noticed a few other places said to re-install HBC.

my only concern was, if I did Delete the HBC and tried to re-install it, would my WII become bricked because I already installed the WAD files?

sorry if this is a noob question
thanks

nightking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero: THANK YOU so much for this guide. You are the man. It was so damn perfect. I followed step by step every damn character you wrote, i followed and it went so smooth like spreading butter on a hot pan.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
bones1991 said:
hey,
first of all I gotta say that this is awesome! I just used it last night. But I had a question.

Whenever I tried to Backup my files NAND by going to HBC > bootmii the screen just went black and the Cd tray started blinking "Blue" and I noticed a few other places said to re-install HBC.

my only concern was, if I did Delete the HBC and tried to re-install it, would my WII become bricked because I already installed the WAD files?

thanks
If that was such a threat I think the developers would have big bold letters on the installation. You can uninstall it and reinstall it no problem.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bones1991 said:
hey,

thanks

If your wii slot flashes twice then that means you dont have your sd card inserted with the bootmii files. Get them by pressing prepare sd card in the hackmii installer.

Kijof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Felis said:
Hey! I' ve used this guide to softmod my wii at January. So far it plays all games just fine, but i get a black screen after the starting video on Monster hunter tri.. If i follow this guide from step 2 will my problem be solved? Thx for this guide
smile.gif

I used this guide: http://gbatemp.net/t224194-wii-monster-hun...i-working-guide

Worked fine in a European Wii.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is another question. So I upgraded to 4.2 and installed cIOS + hacked IOS 70 by following this guide.

I also installed 2 Wiiware game using wad manager. I want to move them to SD and launch them from there (I understand it still copies back into NAND). Can I do it? It seems I can,

"If you are using System Menu 4.2 and want to transfer the WiiWare channels to your SD(HC) card, you will need to use DOP-Mii to re-install IOS 70 with the signature hash check (Trucha Bug). Do this before installing the WAD files with WAD Manager." -- from wehackwii

But I want to make sure.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so everytime i go to data management>wii channels> sd card my console locks up. I thought it was bc i didnt delete the elf.dol off my sd card. so i deleted it, and it didnt lock up! but now it locks up everytim, when i go to that menu... after i deleted elf.dol.

can anyone help. I dont see this mentioned in the faq.

bigboss50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I followed this guide a long time ago and after Nintendo's E3 I thought it was time to dust off the wii. I've gone back to it and found that someone downloaded some wii channels like BBC iplayer and some other everyone votes type stuff. However when I check the system info its still at 4.2 and has the Homebrew channel still installed, what I wanted to know is if all the stuff that I did earlier such as putting on the IOS and stuff are still intact and can I still use the usb loader and other apps or do I have to put all the IOS files on the wii again?
btw I still have the NAND files if that makes any difference and would this hard drive work with USB loading?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-El...e/dp/B002COI612
Thanks

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
@hocuspocus
Try delete the private folder off your sd card.

TYVM i lost all my channels saved on my sd card, but at least its not hanging my sysmenu anymore.

QUOTE(bigboss50 @ Jun 19 2010, 01:41 PM) Hi guys I followed this guide a long time ago and after Nintendo's E3 I thought it was time to dust off the wii. I've gone back to it and found that someone downloaded some wii channels like BBC iplayer and some other everyone votes type stuff. However when I check the system info its still at 4.2 and has the Homebrew channel still installed, what I wanted to know is if all the stuff that I did earlier such as putting on the IOS and stuff are still intact and can I still use the usb loader and other apps or do I have to put all the IOS files on the wii again?
btw I still have the NAND files if that makes any difference and would this hard drive work with USB loading?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-El...e/dp/B002COI612
Thanks

just try it and see if it works, as far as that hdd i have the 1TB version of that and it works great.

Patrick444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the guide and wii works great!
I'm sorry if i'm in the wrong place for this and if I am can someone redirect me please?
My friend cloned wbfs drive for me and he had a mix of ntsc and pal on it. Load up with Conf USB Loader,
Ntsc works perfect, Pal flickers. Thought I would try Neogamma (r8 I belive) that my friend coppied but WBFS just wont mount.
Both his and my Tv's are NTSC but his works and my wont.
any ideas or solutions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, uremum is generic