Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zootoxin said:
OK I did the next two steps.

Will I ever be able to get rid off the update wii instead of it showing my disk?
there wasn't a warning about that?

Also whats the best app as usb loader?
Use startpatch or preloader to block disc updates and that message will dissapear.

The best USB loader doesn't exist. It's all about opinions.

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The best USB loader doesn't exist. It's all about opinions. Edit using usb loader gx
biggrin.gif
works a treat

So priiloader anyway to stop it coming everytime?

NYC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I just updated everything to 4.2 the way the guide said. When I go back to reinstall the Homebrew Channel the Wii freezes instead of giving the option to run boot.elf. What's going on? Any help is appreciated.

lewikenzie1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lewikenzie1.webs.com
XP
Country
NYC said:
I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I just updated everything to 4.2 the way the guide said. When I go back to reinstall the Homebrew Channel the Wii freezes instead of giving the option to run boot.elf. What's going on? Any help is appreciated.
You need to click on the sd icon on the left corner

longspeer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Quick Question.

I am using USB loader_gx The only way I can get it to see my installed games is to load it with one partition. My Hard Drive is 1TB so really I don't want that hole thing to be games. If that is how it has to be then I will leave it this way.

I also want to thank everyone here for the support you all give.

Tim

lewikenzie1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
lewikenzie1.webs.com
XP
Country
longspeer said:
Hey Quick Question.

I am using USB loader_gx The only way I can get it to see my installed games is to load it with one partition. My Hard Drive is 1TB so really I don't want that hole thing to be games. If that is how it has to be then I will leave it this way.

Tim
go to disk management on your computer then select you removeable hdd delete the partition then make one for games and make more for whatever you want

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
installed everything and added cISOCORP on (and the extras wanniko gcn loader, and cISO14)
after that however I noticed something weird

I cant start the wii with a SD card inserted
I get no display until I remove and restart it
I though it was bricked at first until I removed the card

is this normal behavior?
priiloader is what it boots to first
ques bump

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
installed everything and added cISOCORP on (and the extras wanniko gcn loader, and cISO14)

is this normal behavior?

Sounds to me like you have the bootmii folders on your sd card still and your card is incompatible with bootmii.
It happened to a friend of mine after he installed bootmii as boot2 everytime he went to restart the wii to try to get into
bootmiis menu it would just black screen on him.Once the card was removed it would boot fine.He moved the bootmii folder to a different
sd card and it worked just fine.

Either try a different sd card or just rename the bootmii folder to something else.

longspeer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lewikenzie1 said:
longspeer said:
Hey Quick Question.

Tim
go to disk management on your computer then select you removeable hdd delete the partition then make one for games and make more for whatever you want
thanks for your help. I have done that using EASEUS partition manager But the only way I'v gotten USB loader_GX to see the games is with just one partition.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Joe88 said:

is this normal behavior?

Sounds to me like you have the bootmii folders on your sd card still and your card is incompatible with bootmii.
It happened to a friend of mine after he installed bootmii as boot2 everytime he went to restart the wii to try to get into
bootmiis menu it would just black screen on him.Once the card was removed it would boot fine.He moved the bootmii folder to a different
sd card and it worked just fine.

Either try a different sd card or just rename the bootmii folder to something else.

thanx
works fine now

NYC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lewikenzie1 said:
NYC said:
You need to click on the sd icon on the left corner

I assume you mean the right corner? I did. And then the Wii freezes. No sound. Pointer doesn't move. Nothing. Can't figure out how to proceed.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
zootoxin said:
So anyway to get rid of the priloader menu unless you need it? (i.e. holding the power button)?

Yep, go into Priiloader settings and set autoboot to system menu.

Well if you set it to autoboot to system menu how will u access it if u need it? Would u change the settings somehow?

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
ToneEQ said:
zootoxin said:
So anyway to get rid of the priloader menu unless you need it? (i.e. holding the power button)?

Yep, go into Priiloader settings and set autoboot to system menu.

Well if you set it to autoboot to system menu how will u access it if u need it? Would u change the settings somehow?

If you need it just keep pressing reset when you power on your wii. Or use a forwarder channel, there's a bundle for it in the forum somewhere.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gotchapt said:
If you need it just keep pressing reset when you power on your wii. Or use a forwarder channel, there's a bundle for it in the forum somewhere.
look for xflak, he has a link on it on his sig. better go to priiloader thread.

O

Oso108

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble on part of the guide. I went through like 50 pages and couldnt find anything on this.

After I do the Updating your Wii section, where I'm supposed to erase everything from the update.zip and put the modify.zip on the SD card. I do that then go into the SD card menu, not from the main screen, and when i go in there it freezes up every time. Was I supposed to uninstall the HBC before I put the modify.zip files on the SD card? I cant figure out what I did wrong.

I have a regular 2GB SD card and I had the 4.0U firmware on the system and the update worked fine and took me to 4.2U. If you need more information, I can definitely provide it.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Oso108 said:
After I do the Updating your Wii section, where I'm supposed to erase everything from the update.zip and put the modify.zip on the SD card. I do that then go into the SD card menu, not from the main screen, and when i go in there it freezes up every time. Was I supposed to uninstall the HBC before I put the modify.zip files on the SD card? I cant figure out what I did wrong.

On 4.2, you have to use the SD menu on the main screen.

O

Oso108

Thanks ToneEQ!!! That got me through just fine. Now I think I ran into another problem. When I go into the program GP DOP-IOS MOD. After I select IOS36, it takes me to this screen that says:

Ok to remove stub IOS4
Are you sure you want to continue and when I say yes this message comes up:

- Deleting ticket file /ticket/00000001/00000004.tik...
Ticket delete failed (no ticket?) -102
- Deleting ticket file /ticket/00000001/00000004
Error! ISFS Delete (ret = -102)

Then if I keep going it brings up IOS 10, 11, 16, 30, 50, 51 and it brings up the same message except for where the 4 is its different for each IOS.

Is this supposed to happen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: