Hacking Modded Wii Setting menu locks up at black screen

Reteplia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I nodded my wii following guides on this site many many years ago. Recently I’ve dug it out of storage and decided to set it back up again.

Unfortunately, the way it must be setup is with sensor bar on top of TV but the current setting is for bottom of TV, making things weird.

Queue my issue coming to light... when I attempt to enter the Wii Settings menu, the music ends, the screen goes black and the only way out is to hard power off the system and reboot.

Has any encountered this or have any thoughts on what went wrong or how I can correct it?
Is it possible or recommended to reinstall the Wii system menu, if that would fix the Wii Settings menu?
I’m not opposed to re-modding the system if necessary after performing the corrections needed.

I’ve searched quite a bit but could find no one else experiencing this exact issue. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks all!

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I nodded my wii following guides on this site many many years ago. Recently I’ve dug it out of storage and decided to set it back up again.

Unfortunately, the way it must be setup is with sensor bar on top of TV but the current setting is for bottom of TV, making things weird.

Queue my issue coming to light... when I attempt to enter the Wii Settings menu, the music ends, the screen goes black and the only way out is to hard power off the system and reboot.

Has any encountered this or have any thoughts on what went wrong or how I can correct it?
Is it possible or recommended to reinstall the Wii system menu, if that would fix the Wii Settings menu?
I’m not opposed to re-modding the system if necessary after performing the corrections needed.

I’ve searched quite a bit but could find no one else experiencing this exact issue. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks all!
Check the instructions for "semi brick" at https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/unbricking
Which suggests reinstalling the system menu WAD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto