modded ps2 fat does not read the discs that are CDs

abdus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, how are you doing, i need some help and clarification with this small problem.
i have a ps2 fat that i bought recently it is modded to read burned discs and hard drives. however i tried to put ps1 discs which are in the form of CDs they did not work i looked online for similar cases and they said i need to press the power button 3 times and release it in the third time, i tried it but i get a black screen after the boot screen, some other people said i need to press it continuously for 3 seconds and press it 3 times like before but the result is the same. i chatted the seller he said that it won't read CDs. i tried ps2 games that are in the form of CDs it still can't read them. can anyone explain to me what happened to me please, i would enjoy the backward compatibility of the ps2, the model is scph-30000. thank you

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very common for the laser to stop to stop reading cds, they're straining to read anyway. Does it read dvds or not? If not, you need to replace it.
You have two options, either replace the laser, or mess with potentiometer to adjust the values of the cd laser (not the dvd potentiometer), to do it turn the screw 10° clockwise and test with a cd, rinse and repeat until you see a result. If you don't then you need a replacement.

Reactions: Hayato213

abdus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
it reads the DVDs very well, sorry i forgot to tell. it just doesn't read the CDs whether ps1's or ps2's where can i find that screw?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
's where can i find that screw?
Under the laser.
Disclaimer : do some research before fiddling with it, you could ruin it by turning the values too high. And again, it might not do any good even if you do it right. So there's risk..

Reactions: zfreeman

emu_kidid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gc-forever.com
XP
Country
Australia
It depends on the mod itself. Some old Magic3 etc used to require that you do a specific thing with the way you turn the console on and press reset (or hold it). Find out what mod it has and then look from there.

The CD side on the 30000's often outlived the DVD, that is if the coils didn't fry and kill it all.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pic fix not needed for 30000 models
Only if your motherboard is below V9.

It depends on the mod itself. Some old Magic3 etc used to require that you do a specific thing with the way you turn the console on and press reset (or hold it). Find out what mod it has and then look from there.

The CD side on the 30000's often outlived the DVD, that is if the coils didn't fry and kill it all.
Swap Magic discs are no longer needed, people are willing to chip their systems now since they're not afraid with touching a soldering iron. Swap Magic also had issues reading certain games, such as with the EA titles (most likely down to the TOC), and will require a patch to get the game working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...