Hacking Hardware Modchips for Switch OLED

jrpgdude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone possibly be willing to post a link for me? I'm so green at this, it's ridiculous.

I tried searching aliexpress and couldn't seem to find anything definitive. Ebay yielded literally zero results.

It's for a pokemon OLED.

Thank you in advance!

jrpgdude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got few options, picofly, hwfly oled, instinct nx, and rp2040 oled
thanks for opening the door with me, truly appreciate it.

for some strange reason, whenever i type these in to aliex, i really don't get anything defnitive. I tried HWFLY for a while, then found out about pico. i havent tried instinct nx yet, so, i give that a shot. also, isnt rp2040 picofly?
Post automatically merged:

You got few options, picofly, hwfly oled, instinct nx, and rp2040 oled
for instance, would this be good for my pokemon oled?
S1c78dd741ff343f69ec2e072ad6c4ae3R.jpg

Last edited by jrpgdude,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

for some strange reason, whenever i type these in to aliex, i really don't get anything defnitive. I tried HWFLY for a while, then found out about pico. i havent tried instinct nx yet, so, i give that a shot. also, isnt rp2040 picofly?

for instance, would this be good for my pokemon oled?View attachment 382887
INSTINCT-NX is overall a better modchip, but the build quality is horrid. Have to be very careful soldering onto the board otherwise it'll short the Switch out. From my understanding, the solder mask they put on doesn't surround the pad entirely, so if it's soldered to, the solder will spill over from the pad onto the board itself and short. At least from my understanding.

The HWFLY chips sold now are pretty much the same as the PicoFly chips, but I'm not exactly sure.

jrpgdude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INSTINCT-NX is overall a better modchip, but the build quality is horrid. Have to be very careful soldering onto the board otherwise it'll short the Switch out. From my understanding, the solder mask they put on doesn't surround the pad entirely, so if it's soldered to, the solder will spill over from the pad onto the board itself and short. At least from my understanding.

The HWFLY chips sold now are pretty much the same as the PicoFly chips, but I'm not exactly sure.
That's great to know, thank you so much.

Though, this brings me to my second problem; finding someone who will do it if I pay them. I did watch a YouTube video on hwfly installation, and it looked to be a bit much for me. Plus. I have no soldering tools (Flux material, soldering tool, that cutter they use to remove the old one?, etc). I also honestly don't want to experiment on either of my pokemon ones (oled and let's go)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

for instance, would this be good for my pokemon oled?View attachment 382887

Some people said they had ground problems with instinct-NX on white one

jrpgdude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to asks the seller to see if they have it in stock, that is what one of my friend did, he got a HWFLY Core.

This is how HWFLY V5 OLED looks like

View attachment 382935
This is great, thank you! At least I have an example to compare with. Is this different from this one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712_071734_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_071734_eBay.jpg
    506 KB · Views: 44

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol