Suggestion Mobile App

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the one we have. Its basically the mobile webpage in a self contained app. Seriously if you want a mobile app, you would have to use Tapatalk or make one yourself.

Alex3DSU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the one we have. Its basically the mobile webpage in a self contained app. Seriously if you want a mobile app, you would have to use Tapatalk or make one yourself.
I'll try Tapatalk at some point and try looking into app creation

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, Mobile version of gbatemp through my phone is pretty good IMO. I don't see why an app would be required.
Touchability. The overall mobile experience is pretty good right now, but it would be kind of nice if there was sort of a launch page for all of the forums that isn't just a list of all the subforums with the links incredibly close together

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Touchability. The overall mobile experience is pretty good right now, but it would be kind of nice if there was sort of a launch page for all of the forums that isn't just a list of all the subforums with the links incredibly close together
Ok thats a fair point. I constantly hit the "Quote+" button when I mean to hit "Like". But I dont know how to fix a problem like that.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think this site should have an app for iOS and Android
There is one, but it kinda sucks. If you really want an app, use Tapatalk, but its hideous. I would just make a bookmark on a mobile browser and use that instead.
Well, it doesn't suck completely, but then it wasn't exactly a big project but rather a quick one, so I'm not offended :D. Get it from here.

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: BORTZ

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thats a fair point. I constantly hit the "Quote+" button when I mean to hit "Like". But I dont know how to fix a problem like that.
There could be these icons that would bring up a partial/full screen menu with "Like", "Quote+", "Reply", and "Share" when tapped
th

Reactions: BORTZ
D

Deleted User

I think this site should have an app for iOS and Android
Honestly I don't see a need for an app. With temp have the newest version of Xenforo the site auto-scales to any mobile device which really kills the need for an app imo. The only benefit I see for having one would be for mobile alerts. But even that can be setup with RSS feeds.

Will it be cool yes. Practical? Don't think so

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Honestly I don't see a need for an app. With temp have the newest version of Xenforo the site auto-scales to any mobile device which really kills the need for an app imo. The only benefit I see for having one would be for mobile alerts. But even that can be setup with RSS feeds.

Will it be cool yes. Practical? Don't think so
I think it would be more practical to have a mobile app that focusses on the minimal amount of data to display, there is just so manny junk in the site when scaled down to mobile, that you have to really carefully watch every click you make

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be more practical to have a mobile app that focusses on the minimal amount of data to display, there is just so manny junk in the site when scaled down to mobile, that you have to really carefully watch every click you make
It would also be nice if it could be made so that pictures in posts would be asked to download by the user as opposed to automatically loading with the page

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e