Hacking [MMM] Multi-Mod Manager (a collection of tools)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can you clarify what mistake Wiiwu made?
Making an effort to help the community?
Using an outdated source of Dop-Mii?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so errm what one has GC usb loading?
tongue.gif

12.8 still the latest? after that post I got lost in the dummy chucking.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes 12.8 is the latest, just released 2 days back, the download link on the 1st post is always updated, which is this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/235955829/bb6c...nager_v128.html

xzxero, as jskyboo has mentioned, we have cleaned up their bugs and improved on it. And I will be skeptical on whatever they still have to say, seeing that they don't even know their own tool that well?!

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Wiiwu said:
xzxero, as jskyboo has mentioned, we have cleaned up their bugs and improved on it. And I will be skeptical on whatever they still have to say, seeing that they don't even know their own tool that well?!
Excuse my french but are you fucking serious right now you despicable piece of horseshit? Your software is based on an old version of our software. Specifically v11 as jskyboo pointed out. We have made several releases since then cleaning up bugs and the like that are present in your version. We've also added tons of features you don't have. See the full changelog here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii#Changelog Everything after v11 is NOT in your version. The only thing exclusive to your version besides bugs is a hasty addition of a WAD Manager modification to a deprecated version of our software.

Wiiwu

OP
Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My my this is getting abusive...
hate2.gif

For the record, in MMM, I get to choose and decide on what features I like to add or what features to change. I based it on how it helps me as a user and on other users feedback. I will not add any new features just because its out there, or just because another egotistical developer is screaming in my thread.

What most MMM users will appreciate is its stability, its user interface and as I said earlier I made it for myself as a very comfortable tool to use and I am sharing it here for other users who may find it useful too.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am a typical user.

I found MMM very stable and useful.

The evolution of the user interface makes perfect sense and helps much.

Besides, more importantly, Wiiwu is much more kind and friendly.

ArchangelX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
archangel.0rangechicken.com
XP
Country
United States
All of you people praising this idiot for making a stupid modification of an ancient buggy version of DOP-Mii and adding a confusing retarded UI are fucking retarded. The only reason he's probably staying with the old ass version is because he can't figure out how the fuck v12 works. Go home Wiiwu, and just give this retarded shit up. Kthx

Geno_4_Ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being nice doesn't make him a better coder, make this shit have a better ui, or make anyone here any less a pirate. Plus, only trolls make it in the real world.

Cornell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who uses this shit over DOP-Mii is absolutely retarded. I'm sorry, but you are. Fuck the trolls in this thread. Arikado and Lunatik are the shit of the Wii homebrew scene and everyone knows it.

Also, to the MMM devs, you do realize that not releasing the source to MMM is illegal because it violates the GPL, right?

Crisco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMM from the looks of it is just crappy fail. it's a mod of an outdated app that has been downgraded to add fail bugs and shit. if you want to brick your wii there's already an app for that.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cornell said:
Arikado and Lunatik are the shit of the Wii homebrew scene and everyone knows it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

whatever you are on, don't be stingy.

PS: to the lamers, seriously?, you're dragging a bunch of folks who barely post to come troll back you up on your stupid argument that it's even possible for your app to be "Better"....why didn't you go die like I asked you to? I'm waiting. Are those accounts even other people, or just you trying to reinforce your delusions?

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noobwarrior7 said:
Cornell said:
Arikado and Lunatik are the shit of the Wii homebrew scene and everyone knows it

PS: to the lamers, seriously?, you're dragging a bunch of folks who barely post to come troll back you up on your stupid argument that it's even possible for your app to be "Better"....why didn't you go die like I asked you to? I'm waiting. Are those accounts even other people, or just you trying to reinforce your delusions?
Oh man, noobwarrior7! you still on this forum? jeeze. I thought you woulda grown out of it. Guess i was wrong. What's it been now? 3 years? Damn. Some people just have nothing better to do with their lives.

Crisco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I'm completely different than Arikado.

QUOTE said:
PS: to the lamers, seriously?, you're dragging a bunch of folks who barely post to come troll back you up on your stupid argument that it's even possible for your app to be "Better"

Well since MMM is based on an outdated version of Dop-Mii then obviously yes. It doesn't take a genius to find that out.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really getting out of hand. First off this is wiiwu's thread, so if all you have to say about this program is you don't care to use it, ArchangelX Cornell & Crisco, just do that and don't use it, you don't need to add fuel to this ridiculous flame.
Ok next @Daco, as far as "dop-mii IS > dop-ios mod". I never said the opposite. Or insinuated it was true. All I pointed out was Dop-mii only came out last week so yeah it takes time to roll those changes into these versions. Also when I first added priiloader support all Arikado did was say how horrible it was that I used such buggy code to add it and talk bad about your app. Why do you support him now? I don't mind you talking and easing the adding of a feature that's great, but why do you fight his petty battles when he had nothing good to say about your app?

@Lunatik I haven't used the new dop-mii as I have been busy lately I only read what Arikado has put up about it. Im sorry I misunderstood the feature, but like I said it sounded like a great idea I only hoped you had left NUS as an option. I haven't had the time to try the new dop-mii and so have only what I have read to go on, if Arikado was mistaken when he wrote online about it's features then I would obviously be mistaken in reading it.

And back to @Arikado as for "I've said no lies about MMM" yes you have. You have said that wad manager and by extension mmm was only useful for piracy. You have said that there have been no new features since v11 of dop-ios mod but that is wrong since while I don't know what wiiwu has rolled into his latest version(im not sure what version is his base anymore) but I can say that as for the things listed under "IOS Menu Changes" of version 12, except for "Added BC & MIOS Support", yes I have added all those, in fact before your team did even though you used a closed source during those additions. As for the "BC & MIOS support", no I didn't add that as you had made it quite clear that your team was in a major code rewrite and were working on it, any one can read that from your google code page. So I waited for your team to finish it, why duplicate everything your team was already doing? As for some of your other features "Because of new Title Database. SysCheck now reports on all Installed NON-STUBBED IOSes", yeah I added that too. "Added a config file [...for] defaultIOS" yeah I did that first too because wad manager had it. And for the rest once again, those you made clear you were changing, I focus on things you won't change. As for the "We have made several releases since then cleaning up bugs and the like that are present in your version" no you for the most part had one major rewrite between 11 and 12. Some of the other things were much more minor and one was that bug I mentioned that bricked many wiis and you corrected it thereafter. I also have made many other changes which wiiwu is more than free to use as a base for his next version.

As for mmm not being open source, that isn't my battle that is up to wiiwu.

And for
QUOTE said:
Arikado and Lunatik are the shit of the Wii homebrew scene and everyone knows itAre you serious?? When most people think of the great devs in the scene they think of TT, wanin, hermes, those involved with some of the usb loaders, Marc, tantric, eke eke, and others. Arikado does not yet earn a spot up there.
QUOTEOh man, noobwarrior7! you still on this forum? jeeze. I thought you woulda grown out of it. Guess i was wrong. What's it been now? 3 years? Damn. Some people just have nothing better to do with their lives.
Who are you and how are you not in the same boat if you remember noobwarrior7 from 3 years ago?
And for everyone else, if you don't want to use this program, then don't. This thread is for support and for supporting this app only! I understand arikado probably wants some more words on this subject, but If you are a bystander and have nothing to add, don't then. No one cares to read about how you don't want to use this app for no apparent reason. Wiiwu I say keep working on it if you feel like it, as for the open source business I leave that to you as it is your app.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jskyboo said:
And for
QUOTE said:
Arikado and Lunatik are the shit of the Wii homebrew scene and everyone knows itAre you serious?? When most people think of the great devs in the scene they think of TT, wanin, hermes, those involved with some of the usb loaders, Marc, tantric, eke eke, and others. Arikado does not yet earn a spot up there yet.
QUOTEOh man, noobwarrior7! you still on this forum? jeeze. I thought you woulda grown out of it. Guess i was wrong. What's it been now? 3 years? Damn. Some people just have nothing better to do with their lives.
Who are you and how are you not in the same boat if you remember noobwarrior7 from 3 years ago?
And for everyone else, if you don't want to use this program, then don't. This thread is for support and for supporting this app only! I understand arikado probably wants some more words on this subject, but If you are a bystander and have nothing to add, don't then. No one cares to read about how you don't want to use this app for no apparent reason. Wiiwu I say keep working on it if you feel like it, as for the open source business I leave that to you as it is your app.
pfft, im glad you dont know me as you're clearly a n00b

dont worry about my position, just keep me entertained with the work you put into building yours

tpw_rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
Cornell said:

Really? Let's sum up the facts:
Dop-Mii:
Better GUI
Not designed for piracy
More stable
More features
vs. MMM:
More bugs
Based off an old version of Dop-Mii
Controls somewhat confusing
Two out-dated apps hastily combined together

IMO as well as everybody else's I've talked to, Dop-Mii is better. Heck, if you WANT that piece of shit MMM, then go get more features, less bugs, and more win with a separate Dop-Mii and WAD Manager.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
jskyboo said:
You have said that wad manager and by extension mmm was only useful for piracy.
I said that since we have full WAD Installtion support throughout our app that the only reason WAD Manager would be added for be for illegal reasons. There's a slight difference there, but it makes a huge impact.

jskyboo said:
You have said that there have been no new features since v11 of dop-ios mod but that is wrong since while I don't know what wiiwu has rolled into his latest version(im not sure what version is his base anymore) but I can say that as for the things listed under "IOS Menu Changes" of version 12, except for "Added BC & MIOS Support", yes I have added all those, in fact before your team did even though you used a closed source during those additions.
Lies. All of these new features are accomplished by a bug Lunatik found in the Wii (bushing didn't even know it existed until we told him). Granted, there are other ways to get some of them work without Lunatik's bug, but some can only exist because of the bug (ie: TRUE and safe downgrading). Try linking to proof if you expect anyone else to believe your ridiculous claims. Oh wait, you can't! All you're doing is lieing to keep your 3 fans on your side.

jskyboo said:
As for the "BC & MIOS support", no I didn't add that as you had made it quite clear that your team was in a major code rewrite and were working on it, any one can read that from your google code page. So I waited for your team to finish it, why duplicate everything your team was already doing? As for some of your other features "Because of new Title Database. SysCheck now reports on all Installed NON-STUBBED IOSes", yeah I added that too.
So you basically just said you directly stole more of our code. Not that everyone doesn’t know already know ;P Dayum I wish I had your ctrl-c, ctrl-v skills bro.

QUOTE(jskyboo @ Mar 8 2010, 09:42 PM) "Added a config file [...for] defaultIOS" yeah I did that first too because wad manager had it. And for the rest once again, those you made clear you were changing, I focus on things you won't change.
Our config file does a lot more so what are you trying to prove?

QUOTE(jskyboo @ Mar 8 2010, 09:42 PM)
As for the "We have made several releases since then cleaning up bugs and the like that are present in your version" no you for the most part had one major rewrite between 11 and 12. Some of the other things were much more minor and one was that bug I mentioned that bricked many wiis and you corrected it thereafter. I also have made many other changes which wiiwu is more than free to use as a base for his next version.
We had one bug a long time ago which was literally a coding typo that messed up some channel settings (people who were harmed by it could easily fix it by resetting their Wii). It was corrected within less than a day after. Are you drunk? Exactly what are you trying to prove here beyond the fact that you don't understand what a brick is?

“As for mmm not being open source, that isn't my battle that is up to wiiwu.”
No jskyboohoo it's up to the GPL v3. And the GPL deems the source must be shared and that equal credit must be given to everyone who worked on it. The only people directly cited as a developer is yourself and wiiwu and we all know how untrue that is as myself and my team did most of the work in MMM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1