Hacking Missing step in a guide I wrote?

LewieP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I put together a guide for how to set up Wii homebrew on my blog, but I am not 100% sure I have included everything.

Could someone let me know if I missed out any steps here.

Thanks a lot.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Writing guides when you don't actually know if you're doing it right is probably not the smartest thing you could be doing.

You've disregarded Bootmii, which is really an essential step if they're Wii is capable of installing it as boot2. As is backing up their NAND.

You've not used the new Bootmii installer in your guide.

Preloader is completely unnecessary if they can install Bootmii.

Preloader also only works on specific versions of the System menu, which you haven't mentioned.

Leeuwtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
preloader is not completely unnecessary as it contains specific hacks that a lot of people use, like removing healthscreen and turning of that damned nintendo background music. And most important the skip disc update option.

You do need to specify that you can download bootmii (hackmii installer) on bootmii.org, and not only use the hombrew channel option in it, but also the bootmii part so people can save there nand before they try anything else on their wii. And also something about ios and ciso downgrader stuff. if they wanna play backups with usbloader..
there are more flaws which i wont even go into, people are best off using other guides imo, they wont get far with your.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
OK completely unnecessary was probably the wrong phrase. I don't run it myself any more since I installed Bootmii as I don't need the patches and the update protection is pointless as I'm at 4.0E.

But it's still a pretty poor guide that's missing so much out that it's practically useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4