Miiverse to get big redesign on July 29th: Nintendo claims we used it wrong

630x.jpg

Miiverse, a quirky little social networking outlet that Nintendo released for its Wii U, and much later 3DS users, to discuss games and connect with communitites.

Almost like a certain forum outlet we have going on here right? Don't worry Nintendo, we won't sue.

So with every social outlet, sometimes redesigns and changes take place in order to better serve the community. However in this case, Nintendo decided that the community was using the platform... well, wrong. Here's the breakdown.

According to Nintendo's Miiverse spokesperson,
"Miiverse is created for gamers to talk about games," Nintendo spokesperson Erika said on the social network's announcement forum. "But over time, some people have started using Miiverse for other things, such as long chats that are not strictly game-related." The redesign was cooked up in an effort to keep Miiverse "game-centered," and is the reason users will be limited to making 30 posts a day.

To the average Miiverse user that maybe posts a screenshot or two a day, this may not seem like much. However, Miiverse fans are in an uproar over the fact that the one means of social communication that existed between friends and fans, has now had a huge lock placed on it.

Other changes include the ability to have a private screenshot album, a play journal for recording game notes, and a seperate drawing and discussion category, that will most likely still have the post-count lock on them. There will also be changes to the overall look of Miiverse and changes to gaming communities.

So now the big question is, how do you feel about these changes? Did you even use Miiverse in the first place? Does it upset you that Nintendo is further restricting your access to a social platform? Did you know GBATemp doesnt limit your post count and is a great community for discussing games and content..?

:arrow:
SOURCE

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Shi--Er Miiverse has just become the MySpace of game console communities, and no, that's not a good thing. :rofl2: :creep:

Tell me, how is it possible that an already ill-implemented and convoluted social media become worse? You know who I blame? Little Billy who got upset that someone used a "bad" word on Miiverse and all the parents are demanding that admins on there monitor every single post and word just so he doesn't get offended.

Reactions: chartube12

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo in the future

2016: Miiverse only allowed 1 post and only allowed to save 2 screenshots of game per-day
2017: Miiverse removed entirely and screenshots removed for all games
2018: Online play completely removed and Games limited to 3 players per day
2019: Games limited to 1 play per day and if you try and play it again, a Nintendo bouncer comes round and breaks your legs
2020: Everything removed.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo in the future

2016: Miiverse only allowed 1 post and only allowed to save 2 screenshots of game per-day
2019: Games limited to 1 play per day and if you try and play it again, a Nintendo bouncer comes round and breaks your legs
2021: You must own an amiibo to play the game you purchased.

lol :P

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo in the future

Ok, admit it. I laughed. "Everything", so they remove reality. Wow. :P

Reactions: HaloEffect17

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
It sounds about right. NintenDONT dont have a clue how to do things properly and what people want. If they did the whole thing would be better than PS4 and everyone would have one and all game devs would be making games for it.
They are so full of restrictions I'm surprised people still buy their devices. Game devs have all left from the stupid restrictions, nobody wants to stream videos for their stupid restrictions, and now internally they are putting up more restrictions.

Whats next? Are they going to restrict people from buying it?

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds about right. NintenDONT dont have a clue how to do things properly and what people want. If they did the whole thing would be better than PS4 and everyone would have one and all game devs would be making games for it.
They are so full of restrictions I'm surprised people still buy their devices. Game devs have all left from the stupid restrictions, nobody wants to stream videos for their stupid restrictions, and now internally they are putting up more restrictions.

Whats next? Are they going to restrict people from buying it?
Nintendo is just a overprotective mom that is kinda behind the times. Pff what am I talking about even overprotective moms aren't as behind the times as Nintendo.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just what the actual f*** does Nintendo have against socializing and sharing?

Jesus god damn christ Nintendo. Even after the YouTube whinning fiasco, even with Iwata gone, you're STILL holding on to 1800's "Oh look, that woman is showing her ankle! STONE HER!!", mindset.

I just don't get it. What the hell. It just doesnt stop.

PS: What the hell.

PPS: Grow up.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Just what the actual f*** does Nintendo have against socializing and sharing?

Jesus god damn christ Nintendo. Even after the YouTube whinning fiasco, even with Iwata gone, you're STILL holding on to 1800's "Oh look, that woman is showing her ankle! STONE HER!!", mindset.

I just don't get it. What the hell. It just doesnt stop.

PS: What the hell.

PPS: Grow up.
I'd thought with Iwata's no longer being with Nintendo that the big N would've changed for the better but apparently no. Very disappointing indeed.

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Am I the only one who thinks the change is ... OK ... it's not like it had quality Social Networking, most of us just post screenshots,Ask for Tips or post PadArt and get a few Yeahs! and that's it.
I kinda like Nintendo's mindset about consoles being game machines first and foremost.
want social networking go to PC or use the browser.
*pulls up flame shield*

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Am I the only one who thinks the change is ... OK ... it's not like it had quality Social Networking, most of us just post screenshots,Ask for Tips or post PadArt and get a few Yeahs! and that's it.
I kinda like Nintendo's mindset about consoles being game machines first and foremost.
want social networking go to PC or use the browser.
*pulls up flame shield*
If only Nintendo was all about the games. *cough* amiibos physical DLC *cough*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto