Gaming Micro sd card to MS pro duo dual slot adapter

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
read a post on another site recommending formatting just one microsd first (put just one in slot1) moving that to slot2 and putting your other one in slot1 and formatting them both, seems to work for other ppl would test myself but i dont have one of these yet

edit : this was done with 2 16gb sandisk class 6 microsdhc's apparently

YeeHaH

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey thanks for your suggestions but i know how to format it correctly. i just need to know if anyone has been able to get over 16gig working on the psp. the adapter apparently can handle 32gig. but not on my psp

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
valyr said:
edit : this was done with 2 16gb sandisk class 6 microsdhc's apparently
Can you buy these already? Haven't seen those anywhere yet, but love to have one
smile.gif

BTW, using filed down to fit Photofast CR-5400 with 2 Sandisk 8GB class 6 MicroSDHC's, working great.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
dgwillia said:
Yeah i got one from DX, only cost 4 bucks, and works like a charm, my only gripe is that the initial loading on the main menu seems a bit slow (like it takes 2-3 seconds, while a Pro Duo loads instantly, AND the fact im using a kingston in it), aside from that its fine, and loads pretty quickly ingame/other stuff.

The 2-3 second pause is cause it's not MagicGate and the PSP is trying to see whether the Memory Card has MagicGate. If you download iRShell (4.9 and above) you can disable this and negate the 2-3 second pause.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Talaria said:
dgwillia said:
Yeah i got one from DX, only cost 4 bucks, and works like a charm, my only gripe is that the initial loading on the main menu seems a bit slow (like it takes 2-3 seconds, while a Pro Duo loads instantly, AND the fact im using a kingston in it), aside from that its fine, and loads pretty quickly ingame/other stuff.

The 2-3 second pause is cause it's not MagicGate and the PSP is trying to see whether the Memory Card has MagicGate. If you download iRShell (4.9 and above) you can disable this and negate the 2-3 second pause.
Hmm, I applied the patch from within iRShell 4.9 configurator, did a reboot (hard and soft) but I still have the 2-3 sec pause when entering the Video menu..

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
I might buy one in a week or so how much are 8gig Micro sdhc and also how much are 16gig Micro SDHC?
8GB microSDHC Class 6 (you WANT to use Class 6 with this, definitely. It's what assures the speed...) are 13~14 bucks (FREE SHIPPING) on newegg, just about always.

16GB I have no idea, as newegg doesn't stock any, but I'd guess from 30~50 bucks. In any case, a HELL of a lot cheaper than MS Pro Duos :]

Best bang for your buck is getting 2 8GB ones, if you have a problem with wanting more, buy 2 more 8GB ones and another Photofast, the Photofast is only 10 dollars so it's not a big deal,and the cards are cheap enough.

16GB in an MSPro Duo for 40 bucks is simply unbeatable, as a 16GB Ms Pro Duo is probably near 100 bucks. (Google says $89~170)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +1
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: omg same, it's VERY hot here, too