Michael Bay says 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' are aliens,

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The Turtles sold out in the 80s when they gave them all coloured headbands and turned them into kid-friendly Jar Jar Binks type characters, people are a bit late to complain about their canon being changed and them not bring true to their roots.

Except they were still earthborn turtles who were in ooze back during that time.

And before the 1987 cartoons Splinter was a rat who was mutated into a rat-man and then he became a human who mutated into a man-rat. Then in the movies he went back to originally being rat.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The fact that they were born together, and mutated together in the sewer from some ooze, and taken in by a ninja rat thing...That resonates through the entire show. It's the whole basis for their teachings, the reason why they are a close knit family. It also made them wholly unique.

Now imagine 4 turtle people from a race of (possibly) billions somewhere out there in the galaxy. Doesn't seem so special now, does it?

No, fuck you Michael Bay. I will not "chill". I don't care what the script looks like. You don't just fuck with the largest piece of canon in the entire franchise. Ninja Turtles was one of the largest childhood memories of MILLIONS of people across the globe. You don't just fuck with it and not hear anything about it, you fuckwit.

Reactions: 2 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
On a related note:
qYI55.png

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fact that they were born together, and mutated together in the sewer from some ooze, and taken in by a ninja rat thing...That resonates through the entire show. It's the whole basis for their teachings, the reason why they are a close knit family. It also made them wholly unique.

Now imagine 4 turtle people from a race of (possibly) billions somewhere out there in the galaxy. Doesn't seem so special now, does it?

No, fuck you Michael Bay. I will not "chill". I don't care what the script looks like. You don't just fuck with the largest piece of canon in the entire franchise. Ninja Turtles was one of the largest childhood memories of MILLIONS of people across the globe. You don't just fuck with it and not hear anything about it, you fuckwit.

Pretty much this. If there's a planet of them, they definitely don't seem so special anymore.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Maybe their parents sent them here as babies to save them from the destruction of their home planet, and they're the last of their kind. :ha:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe their parents sent them here as babies to save them from the destruction of their home planet, and they're the last of their kind. :ha:

Not sure, but is that a Superman reference?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
HsCZv.jpg

They could still be unique and a tight-knit family if they were raised on Earth. In the sewer.

Deduct one million points for each of the following:
a) they came to Earth already fully grown (and "funny" and "edgy"),
b) they learned English by watching our TV broadcasts,
c) each turtle adopted a different jargon/lingo/speech pattern, so one speaks in ebonics, one like a literature major one like Clint Eastwood, and one in Broadway musical lyrics,
d) the latter is doing that because he was hit on the head.

Not sure how I would feel if they grew up watching 80s cartoons and are therefore still saying "radical", "righteous" and "cowabunga."

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What.
Just what.

OH OH OH, they should make a movie with teenage mutant ninja turtles VS Biker Mice from Mars!

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, this isn't an April Fools joke? FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Yeah, I really wish it was. Alas, it's been 'blaw-blawed' about for a while now.
no 4/1 joke, just active trolling on Michael Bay and "whoever else who cares to anger-[censored] my childhood"'s part .

EDIT: huh, I didn't know *[censored]* was a censored word here on the temp. [censored], i mean, learn something new everyday.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a child of the 80's I grew up watching the original series. I also loved the movies, and at that age I was able to distinguish that the stories of the sets of Turtles were different, and both differed from the comic books quite a bit.

Then in 2003 TMNT started and I wanted NOTHING to do with it. They were not the same turtles I knew and loved, but the series followed the comic books more.

It wasn't until Turtles Forever, where three sets of turtles(prime, 80's, 2003) came together that I loosened up a bit on how essentially there are multiple versions of our favorite turtles.
gallery_252969_709_326902.png
Of course the 80's turtles cracking jokes was the best part.

Of course, I think its a huge cope out when someone goes the alien/aliens did it route, and no matter what it will always feel weird but really, Its not worth getting your panties in a twist about it especially with series like this that was started as a satirical comic book that very quickly expanded.
""
On the subject of messing with the "canon", It's actually the co creator of the original comic book series Peter Laird that is telling everyone to "take a chill pill" and "relax" NOT Micheal Bay. Any decision on "canon" have been decided by this guy, and he seems to be on board. Hell, in the last volume of the comics he made them in their thirties.

Yeah, it's asinine, but let's get over it and accept it already. Maybe the movie after this one will be about the turtles in their 30's, who knows....

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As a child of the 80's I grew up watching the original series. I also loved the movies, and at that age I was able to distinguish that the stories of the sets of Turtles were different, and both differed from the comic books quite a bit.

Then in 2003 TMNT started and I wanted NOTHING to do with it. They were not the same turtles I knew and loved, but the series followed the comic books more.

It wasn't until Turtles Forever, where three sets of turtles(prime, 80's, 2003) came together that I loosened up a bit on how essentially there are multiple versions of our favorite turtles.
gallery_252969_709_326902.png
Of course the 80's turtles cracking jokes was the best part.

Of course, I think its a huge cope out when someone goes the alien/aliens did it route, and no matter what it will always feel weird but really, Its not worth getting your panties in a twist about it especially with series like this that was started as a satirical comic book that very quickly expanded.
""
On the subject of messing with the "canon", It's actually the co creator of the original comic book series Peter Laird that is telling everyone to "take a chill pill" and "relax" NOT Micheal Bay. Any decision on "canon" have been decided by this guy, and he seems to be on board. Hell, in the last volume of the comics he made them in their thirties.

Yeah, it's asinine, but let's get over it and accept it already. Maybe the movie after this one will be about the turtles in their 30's, who knows....
The whole point is that Aliens are not Mutants, thus making them Aliens and calling them Mutants does not make any sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch