ROM Hack RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

mr_hunt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've deleted any transmogged items, and any DLC items I know of. Would someone take a look at this save file to see how I could get it not to crash? Any help is appreciated. Let me know what was wrong so I can help a friend transfer their save as well.

Attachments

• Forte_MHGU.rar
    34.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by mr_hunt,

WaitWhatBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is willing, could they convert these to switch (Generations Ultimate) from the 3ds version?

Attachments

• Main Master Save.rar
    15.6 KB · Views: 186
  • system.rar
    15.9 KB · Views: 181

FOL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i have a hard to express question, here's the thing (please bear with me):
I transfered the save and everything's working just fine. But here's the catch: in MHGen(3ds) there were some DLC event quests which came with some gear. I did one of these quests (just one, meaning I didn't even have enough materials to build the corresponding gear) and it unlocked the gear in the smithy. But in MHGU(switch) many of these quests got cut and now when I go in the smithy in MHGU(switch) I see that gear displayed as "DUMMY" with no model and it's really bugging me. I searched and I can't even find people talking about it which leads to me think that if you transfer the save to the switch through the official method it gets deleted somehow. Can any of you guys give any feedback? Do you think there's anything I can do to eliminate the "DUMMY" gear from the smithy?
Thanks

yanhaot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello i have a hard to express question, here's the thing (please bear with me):
I transfered the save and everything's working just fine. But here's the catch: in MHGen(3ds) there were some DLC event quests which came with some gear. I did one of these quests (just one, meaning I didn't even have enough materials to build the corresponding gear) and it unlocked the gear in the smithy. But in MHGU(switch) many of these quests got cut and now when I go in the smithy in MHGU(switch) I see that gear displayed as "DUMMY" with no model and it's really bugging me. I searched and I can't even find people talking about it which leads to me think that if you transfer the save to the switch through the official method it gets deleted somehow. Can any of you guys give any feedback? Do you think there's anything I can do to eliminate the "DUMMY" gear from the smithy?
Thanks

From the way your question is structured, you transfered the 3DS save file via homebrew save file editing, instead of the official save transfer app? Could you try the latter instead?

It might work fine for now, but it could cause crashes if the DLC is released later on and you unlock it again. That's just my conservative point of view.

FOL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had savedata for MHGen(eur) then converted to MHX(jp), transfered it to MHXX(jp) and then ported it over to MHGU(EUR) as instructed in the 1st post of the thread. Would it be possible to edit the save and just remove the dummy tickets and dummy armor from the smithy?

Edit: btw I'm not sure if I was clear but I dread the official method because it would require me to go online on the switch. I'd like to avoid risking a ban until ninty's ban check methods get discovered.

Last edited by FOL,

alteredcybody

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Ericjwg Hi man I tried to follow your guide but with every attempt MHGU Switch does not detect any savefile

Screenshot_2018-11-05-13-00-11-93.png

Here's every offsets I get from HxD, I'll upload my savefiles if you want a closer looking or even try for yourself.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Red MH savefiles.rar
    799.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by alteredcybody,

Samus_MH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heya. Does anyone know why my MHGU won't read any type of save file I place in? I don't even edit the saves and it just keeps saying no save data. I would like to import my MHXX save too if possible but even that won't work for me. Anyone able to help with this?

yanhaot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Heya. Does anyone know why my MHGU won't read any type of save file I place in? I don't even edit the saves and it just keeps saying no save data. I would like to import my MHXX save too if possible but even that won't work for me. Anyone able to help with this?

Usually that means wrong region. Origin and destination must be either EU or US.

StrawberryQueen

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wanted to say the tool is still working great, just used it to change the gender of my character on MHGU on switch, and it worked mostly great! (The colours selected for hair and features didn't save, but that's changeable ingame so it's not a big deal anyway)

alteredcybody

Trophies
XP
Country
France

The whole thread is all about that, read it.

Samus_MH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Usually that means wrong region. Origin and destination must be either EU or US.
That's the thing though I am using EU and never changed it since that's the only type of the game I have. Every tiime I do place it in the editor though my old MHGU save would bug out and I gain these random unknown item too despite everything else of it being fine the first time I loaded it in the editor. These item would cause alot of errors to appear and I'm not sure why they appear even though they weren't there before and everything was from the game and not edited in.

The whole thread is all about that, read it.
I'm sorry then, I know what this thread is and I did read it. I was just hoping for a bit of help is all.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to calculate the checksum at 0x14 in system? I tried searching the source code of the program in the OP, but the word 'checksum' isn't used at all. :(

Edit: Stupid me... THE VALUE IS NOT A CHECKSUM. Just confirmed it today. Ignore my previous posts in this topic, please. Thank you.

Last edited by Maq47,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to calculate the checksum at 0x14 in system? I tried searching the source code of the program in the OP, but the word 'checksum' isn't used at all. :(

Hello? @Entoptical, @ukee, do you know?

Edit: Stupid me... THE VALUE IS NOT A CHECKSUM. Just confirmed it today. Ignore my previous posts in this topic, please. Thank you.

Last edited by Maq47,

AeoxEternal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I access DLC content if my switch is banned? I know I can probably just import the gear, but what about the actual quests?

Or if anyone could provide a USA MHGU Switch save with all DLC unlocked that would be appreciated.

Last edited by AeoxEternal,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what checksum you're referring to and I didn't work on MHGU for Switch, sorry.
However, I did made a wiki page for MHXX system file structure if you want to find some references (though it may be incomplete/incorrect).
There's an additional 0x24 bytes at the beginning of the Switch version's save, and byte 0x14 is a checksum of some sort (I believe the region that it covers is from after the additional header (offset 0x24) until the end of the file, but the checksum itself is not a straight up CRC32 (although it is 32-bit), and I'm having a very hard time figuring out the polynomial, IV, whether the output is XOR'ed with anything, and whether or not it has bitwise reflection of any sort. I might need to bruteforce it somehow. :(

Last edited by Maq47,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: