ROM Hack Question MH Rise Save

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want to make sure the steps. Please CMIIW.
Status : Sysnand OFW is already online for now. Im playing with my CFW emunand.

- Boot Sysnand OFW > Turn off wifi > Airplane mode > Turn off
- Boot Emunand > Backup save with whatever tool (Is Edizon Enough?)
- Boot Sysnand CFW > Inject Save with whatever save editing tool
- Boot Sysnand OFW > Play Online

Is it correct?

It is the way i do yes

galeophile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
What?
"Boot Sysnand CFW > Inject Save with whatever save editing tool"

What's Sysnand CFW anything to do with OFW?

im really new in Switch hacking.
AFAIK, There is two modes of Sysnand. OFW and CFW. With OFW its just a normal boot without injecting any payload when turning on the switch. But with CFW, i Inject payload into my OFW so it could read the homebrew and its app

Sorry for my english. Not my first language

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is the way i do yes

Thank you!
Now i just really want some tool or cheat to make me defeat the RNG god for Talisman.
Any news about save editor or cheat to edit Talisman?

Last edited by galeophile,
Reactions: IZUNYA

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
im really new in Switch hacking.
AFAIK, There is two modes of Sysnand. OFW and CFW. With OFW its just a normal boot without injecting any payload when turning on the switch. But with CFW, i Inject payload into my OFW so it could read the homebrew game (it turns into CFW)

Sorry for my english. Not my first language

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you!
Now i just really want some tool or cheat to make me defeat the RNG god for Talisman.
Any news about save editor or cheat to edit Talisman?

Good luck, i'm sure at some we will have a save editor, just be patient

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most save data from demos either give you extra stuff or transfer your progress. Nintendo can tell the difference between the demo save and the whole game through version save data, which could get you banned. I'd play it save and replay, bans aren't worth replaying like an hour of game. GL.

No, it wasn't Nintendo, it is actually Capcom who did.

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg so many misinformation here. I expect mass ban by trying to transfer edited save files to OFW. Have fun. I warned you all.

Funky_3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
omg so many misinformation here. I expect mass ban by trying to transfer edited save files to OFW. Have fun. I warned you all.

One thing for sure is you never edited a save to spout such nonsense. It is indeed a guaranteed whenever you try to edit a game that is highly monitored by Nintendo (smash ultimate & splatoon) and has separate offline & online stuff. MHGU for example is a paradise for save editing, even when getting unreleased content on your save file (my proof is my 1000+h account filled with unreleased stuff that i imported from the japanese version of the game (MHXX). Never banned. Same goes for offline games.

However since all of MH Rise can be done offline, they don't really have a way to figure out whether you're hacking or not since anyone can play offline for 300+h then go online all of a sudden.

Anyway feel free to ask me if i'm banned in a week or even in a month, i'd be glad to show you i am not.

bungeegums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Ive been importing pokemon, fire emblem, anch saves for almost 2 years now and no ban. And always on cfw sysnand all my games are physically brought or from eshop

I do know all the risks and when a ban comes will fully accept it

bungeegums

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. I want to transfer my save from emunand to sysnand to play online. I own a legit digital copy of game.

Use your save manager in emunand and back up your save and make sure you have aeroplane mode on and reboot into sx os bootloader if you have emunand enable disable it and load CFW.
once on sysnand cfw then go to album select your save manager and restore your save

Reactions: gbaperma

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have transferred my saves from emunand to sysnand and then played online on Super Mario Maker 2 and SSBU in the past, but I am still not banned.
I have never tried playing online with a modded save, though.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have transferred my saves from emunand to sysnand and then played online on Super Mario Maker 2 and SSBU in the past, but I am still not banned.
I have never tried playing online with a modded save, though.

As for SSBU, you can get a in-game ban for modded save like happened to me, so their in-game ban is associated with certificate/console ban and can't get same cartridge work on 2nd Switch. I'm not sure if in-game ban affect online Nintendo account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?