Gaming Merging videos with Sony Vegas Pro

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I am trying to merge 3 videos of different size's.

Video 1 - 1080x800
Video 2 - 1080x768
Video 3 - 1080x800

So I go to Project Video Properties, and I change the width to 1080, and the height to 720 and I click ok. And it does appear...

ehno9h.jpg

But as soon as I go to File > Render As and I save it, it goes back to 720x480, question is why????

6ie2yr.jpg

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to guess that the problem is because Video #2 isn't the right size.
Make the video 1080x800 by adding 16px to the top and bottom, then try it again.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
I'm going to guess that the problem is because Video #2 isn't the right size.
Make the video 1080x800 by adding 16px to the top and bottom, then try it again.

That is not the case, cuz I tried only video 1 and 3 merging it together, and it still goes back down to 720x480 while rendering the videos.....

QUOTE(Berthenk @ Mar 15 2011, 01:14 PM) Are you sure the render settings don't override the project settings? I know After Effects and Premiere Pro do this.

What do u mean?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afraid I do not really know much about Video vegas- more of an avisynth guy but I will give it a go

You have not got a "make DVD compatible" option ticked somewhere have you (I have seen this in some other programs and I noticed you were using MPEG2 the other day)?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
haddad said:
What do u mean?
Most programs alter the resolution of a video when rendering, as I said.
Are you sure the project is set to the correct resolution you want the video to be?
And when you Render it, change the template, under "Save as type", you can create your own if you click the "Custom" button.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you merge videos? (and by merge, you mean put together, like two recordings of me would be in the same video?) I have Vegas Pro 9.0.

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err what Berthenk said
go to save as type after you click render as

and pick your format, preferbly something like Sony AVC mp4 and then go to template and choose the resolution.

And isnt 1080 x 720 a pretty odd resolution?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191 said:
You have not got a "make DVD compatible" option ticked somewhere have you (I have seen this in some other programs and I noticed you were using MPEG2 the other day)?
Well, the resolution for NTSC is 720x480, so yes, some sort of "box" like that was ticked since NTSC is the default render template for Sony Vegas.

QUOTE(Aijelsop @ Mar 15 2011, 09:34 PM) How do you merge videos? (and by merge, you mean put together, like two recordings of me would be in the same video?) I have Vegas Pro 9.0.
I think haddad has put them in a sequence so you see the one after the other, what you are mentioning can be done using chroma key or a similar technique.
It's basically this:
1. Record on green/blue/any color background
2. Cut out that color from the shot with a program like After Effects
3. Put a background (or another video) on a layer behind the source video
1337. ?????
9001. PROFIT!!!1111

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Berthenk said:
haddad said:
What do u mean?
Most programs alter the resolution of a video when rendering, as I said.
Are you sure the project is set to the correct resolution you want the video to be?
And when you Render it, change the template, under "Save as type", you can create your own if you click the "Custom" button.

Thank u
tongue.gif
It worked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yes. +1