Mental illness be damned.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, two Country singers took their lives because of mental illness issues they were having and god damn, suicide was not the answer. :(

Luke Bell wasn't too well known, but now with his death his music may reach new listeners. However, Judd is no stranger, her music has been heard by millions of people. Here are two of their songs:

RIP to them and to those two took their own lives because of depression/mental health.

• Sad
Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The saddest part is that those illness are growing in a absurd rate on every single corner of the earth.

Sadly true. I believe I fall in that catagory. The loss of 6 BF and 1 wife, has saddened me alot. All I have left is the memories, that seem to stick in my mind. I've since noticed my happy go lucky demeanor dwindle to a sad sack of :shit: over the decades of my life.

Yes, I actually thought of doing the deed, but.. I don't know. guess I coward out in the process. LoL, me, a veteran of 3 wars, can't do to myself, what I had to then in those times.

Gaming with my PSP and Comp, and unbridled sex with myself, seems to keep my mind off of things like that. It works, to a certain extent, until I see something like on TV that triggers me again.

Poor mental health is a real thing guys.

[I digress]

Last edited by AncientBoi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There desperately needs to be a change in mental health treatment and a push to remove the stigmas around mental health. The sad reality is, so many people refuse or don’t seek help because of the stigma and fear of shame around seeking mental health. This has always resulted in people getting worse and often leading to coping through substances, self-harm, or even suicide.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Sadly true. I believe I fall in that catagory. The loss of 6 BF and 1 wife, has saddened me alot. All I have left is the memories, that seem to stick in my mind. I've since noticed my happy go lucky demeanor dwindle to a sad sack of :shit: over the decades of my life.

Yes, I actually thought of doing the deed, but.. I don't know. guess I coward out in the process. LoL, me, a veteran of 3 wars, can't do to myself, what I had to then in those times.

Gaming with my PSP and Comp, and unbridled sex with myself, seems to keep my mind off of things like that. It works, to a certain extent, until I see something like on TV that triggers me again.

Poor mental health is a real thing guys.

[I digress]
I' ve beiy seeing you around here for years, and I didn't knew anything about you until now. I respect you a lot more now, not that means anything but I really do.

There desperately needs to be a change in mental health treatment and a push to remove the stigmas around mental health. The sad reality is, so many people refuse or don’t seek help because of the stigma and fear of shame around seeking mental health. This has always resulted in people getting worse and often leading to coping through substances, self-harm, or even suicide.
Agreed, and I may add that public policies do save a lot of lifes. Say what you will about public services, but nothing private has the reach of a public policy. Depression, anxiety and other similar illness are widespread, actions by actors with reach are fundamental.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday