Homebrew app Mavericks App please?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for Mavericks App bootable USB installer for my sister's old MacBook Pro because her laptop was screwed up and it won't accepted Catalina and Mojave so it required Mavericks. Can you help ?

The version I need is: Mavericks 10.9.4.app (Not update, please)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Partly.

Updated a system for a friend using dosdudes unofficial installers ( http://dosdude1.com/software.html ) a while ago -

- You can extract the bootable image used to create a bootdrive, from an update at least in more recent versions, and then make a bootable usb drive

- The update I looked for in particular (and in the end downloaded from Apple and used) had a different checksum, than the ones shared on the net, so those updates might be region dependent (or not - never found out)

- All of dosdudes installers come with a routine, that pulls the necessary files from Apples source servers, and compiles them into a fully working update - for that version (so every dosdude installer has a routine in it that can produce (download) the most recent update for that MacOs version (the one in the title of the respective dosdude updater), with just 2-3 mouse clicks)

- Updates in place usually work well on Macs, so if you go with the latest version of 10.9 (didnt check if you already did) - you should be fine also

Issue - the dosdude installers start with 10.12 so - no luck there. ;)

For fixing, I would try to stick to your method, trying to acquire 10.9 first -- even if the unofficial installers from dosdude work on your model - because somewhere in there is a filesystem switch dosdude has to perform for newer versions of Mac OS, so some risk of data loss - which is why getting the system up and running first - and then making a backup before trying might be better.

If data loss doesnt matter, and the laptop is on dosdudes compatibility list - read into the unofficial updaters - if they work in your case, they are probably the way to go anyhow - longterm. (There are also a few youtube videos on the topic, not the best ones, ... reading up on the installers still is preferable, but they are there...)
--

I can say for sure, that there is a way to download and build updates (and therefore installers - ("therefore" at least on newer OS versions, dont know for sure that this also goes for maverick)) from Apples Build servers -

aside from the routine that is in dosdudes tools that can do that from Sierra onwards, you can also try using this:

https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS
--

If everything fails, before resorting to torrenting, probably try phoning local third party Mac repair shops, they are bound to have the install media - for sure. :) Before you start torrenting. Imho. :)

edit: Oh - and on the official "update download servers" Apple provides (not sure if you need a free dev account or not), they only host incremental updates - for older MacOS versions, so if you want to download the full update/installer from apple, you need to go with a script/routine, that can compile the update from individual packages, apple hosts online to this day - for older versions.

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.