Mario Kart XXL, pitched GBA tech demo, dumped and preserved

Untitled.png

A tech demo thought to be lost in time from the GBA era has recently been discovered and preserved by the team over at Forest of Illusion.
The tech demo dates back to April 17th, 2004, when Denaris Entertainment Software made a pitch to Nintendo of Europe, using their own engine which showcases dynamic and adjustable perspective views featuring dual playfields.

The dump itself showcases a single track with several Mario Kart assets into it, like Mario being the playable character in a familiar track akin to those found in other Mario Kart titles.
Forest of Illusion also got a hold of the original ReadMe written by Manfred Trenz (founder and creator of the Turrican series).

:arrow: Source

Ol' Archimedes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know why but I really like the perspective and the idea of being able to adjust it sounds enticing. Glad this got preserved.

KarlslandOtaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A tech demo thought to be lost in time from the GBA era has recently been discovered and preserved by the team over at Forest of Illusion.
The tech demo dates back to April 17th, 2004, when Denaris Entertainment Software made a pitch to Nintendo of Europe, using their own engine which showcases dynamic and adjustable perspective views featuring dual playfields.

The dump itself showcases a single track with several Mario Kart assets into it, like Mario being the playable character in a familiar track akin to those found in other Mario Kart titles.
Forest of Illusion also got a hold of the original ReadMe written by Manfred Trenz (founder and creator of the Turrican series).

:arrow: Source

👀
Another one down!!
I can't believe how many of the tech demos, early builds and etc have seen the light of day. Even ones I never thought I would see like Pokemon Gold and Silver Space world '97 demos!!
The last one I know exists that I still want is Mario 128. I'm pretty sure every other one has been looked into that interested me over the years and from my childhood except that one.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's amazing what people were able to squeeze out of the GBA, and it's a shame more of it has never seen the light of day, let alone a commercial release.

Reactions: SylverReZ

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's about time that this finally got preserved, if I remember correctly one of the previous owners of the cartridge was incredibly hesitant on dumping the ROM.
Lost Media Wiki, wake up! We found some lost media!
Honestly it's pretty incredibly how much lost media has been found this year.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, this looks interesting, best I also make my part in preserving this game in some HDD of mine or what, heh.
It's about time that this finally got preserved, if I remember correctly one of the previous owners of the cartridge was incredibly hesitant on dumping the ROM.
I can maybe understand in this case since we know how craptendo tends to be, tho I also suppose you can upload stuff anonymously... whatever.
It's the other cases with people that own cancelled/unreleased games (and other stuff too) and don't share it at all just to be huge dicks that I feel they should get a surprise visit by some gentleman with metal bats, get their knees smashed and whatever they were hogging "borrowed" and uploaded online, mh.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Although I love primitive 3D tech, GBA and Playstation (and sometimes DS) have this "disgusting" effect when there is camera movement. I don´t know the term for it. Never seen it on N64 though.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock