Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Bmd-rypIgAALOFM.png

Lately there have been quite a few people (me included) commenting on the lack of the Mario Kart 8 promotion. Well, instead of sitting on my ass, I contacted both Bergsala Ltd, the Nordic Distributor for Nintendo, as well as Nintendo of Europe. About a week of messaging back and forth, I received the following email (personal information removed):
Hei ---,

Voin iloikseni ilmoittaa sinulle, että olemme nyt järjestämässä Mario Kart 8 Bonus-pelin kampanjan myös täällä Suomessa ja muissa Pohjoismaissa.

Lisää tietoa löytyy osoitteesta:
http://www.nintendo.fi/ajankohtaista/uutiset/ilmainen-latauskoodi-wii-u-n-mario-kart-8-pelin-os/

Kiitos vielä palautteestasi!

Freely translated into English:
Hello ---,

I can happily inform you that we are arranging the Mario Kart 8 bonus game promotion also here in Finland as well as in the other Nordic countries.

More information can be found in the following address:
http://www.nintendo.fi/ajankohtaista/uutiset/ilmainen-latauskoodi-wii-u-n-mario-kart-8-pelin-os/

Thank you once again for your feedback!

After a few more emails, I was able to confirm that Club Nintendo is not coming to the Nordics (yet), but this and very likely other promotions also in the future will. The redemption will be the same as with the NoE promotion, CN Pin will be sent to the Bergsala via a form online and the code for the game (same games as NoE) will be emailed afterwards. The promotion is managed by Bergsala, so this is a completely new method for Nintendo to deal promotions. Also the first time the Nordic countries have received any of the CN promotions.

The rules and regulations (in Finnish) of the promo are the same as for Club Nintendo.

TL;DR: You're welcome and enjoy your games, Nordic peeps!

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also do note that this was possible due to the customer feedback received from the promotion not originally being released over here.

Nintendo of Europe, listening to customers from the North est. 2014.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo needs to listen. They are not dominanting the market enough to afford ignoring people who actually want to play their games. This is great news tho for those whom it concerns!
I'm not saying they shouldn't, of course they should, but they do tend to be rather thickheaded about stupid things.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo actually listened? :O

You're as surprised as I am. All the promotions so far have been blocked by Nintendo's own doing. Make a tempting promotion without any reason for not including it here and you have a huge storm brewing. Digital freebies are small compensation compared to what the people enjoying the actual Club Nintendo receive.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Digital freebies are small compensation compared to what the people enjoying the actual Club Nintendo receive.
Do you know the european club Nintendo rewards? You get 1000 stars for a Wii U, 750 stars for a 3ds and 250 stars for every game. For example: Mario Galaxy soundtrack costs 3850 stars. For a 3ds charging station you have to pay 4500 stars. 1 stylus and 6 ds game cases cost together 5000 stars. etc.
So if you own one 3ds xl and 15 3DS games you can get a a coulored charging station... :O
After 24 month unused stars are deleted. So it is even harder to save for an expensive item.
The european club Nintendo is a joke.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
If that eShops Super Mario Kart deal and premium campaing with 5€ discount code works on top of this then I'm more than happy to give money even if I didn't plan of buying MK8 near future (or at all, Sonic Racing Transformed with PC master race FTW).
EDIT: OK SMK deal should work according to rules and premium thing should automatically calculate everything that includes sending money to nintendo! :D

I hope this is just a start of something promising. I have said this before but Sony seems to be only company interested in localization and marketing here. BUT for now I'm fine with this deal :3

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If that eShops Super Mario Kart deal and premium campaing with 5€ discount code works on top of this then I'm more than happy to give money even if I didn't plan of buying MK8 near future (or at all, Sonic Racing Transformed with PC master race FTW).
EDIT: OK SMK deal should work according to rules and premium thing should automatically calculate everything that includes sending money to nintendo! :D

I hope this is just a start of something promising. I have said this before but Sony seems to be only company interested in localization and marketing here. BUT for now I'm fine with this deal :3

My WWHD download counted towards the 5€ vouchers and it was a freebie with the console, so I'd say yes. I'll ask my contact regarding your question.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

I'm surprised as you are as well, but let me say this: Bergsala ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over the steaming pile of kakkaa that is Nordisk Film.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! And here I was tinkering around with a UK Club Nintendo registration hoping that it might somehow work...

Maybe it's time to preorder that limited edition of Mario Kart 8. :P

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Awesome! And here I was tinkering around with a UK Club Nintendo registration hoping that it might somehow work...

Maybe it's time to preorder that limited edition of Mario Kart 8. :P

Actually the UK CN would have work without any problems. That's what was originally my complaint to NoE and Bergsala. Apparently someone in marketing noticed the 'tarded situation in this day and age of digital distribution of promos. I did get a response originally that it was not possible due to differences in legislation in Europe. Like that was really a restriction.. (Also probably didn't do any harm in pointing out that both Sony and Microsoft have all the promotions as region specific).

Reactions: Mythrix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1