Hacking Mario Galaxy on D2C

MC DUI

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Guys, searched using assistant and manually but couldn't find any obvious answer.

A friend was given a PAL D2C modded Wii for Christmas, they have asked me to burn them a whole bunch of games including Mario Galaxy.

My question is do D2C modded Wii's need to run the Mario Galaxy update, with the duplicate channel power off trick?
Or can I just burn them a brickblocked copy of Mario Galaxy and it will run fine?

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mario galaxy has been released in all regions! So just get it for your own region dude! ALL wii's need to run the mario update, regardless of chip or region. Get a mario of yer own region n run it. Games yer own region are always fine to update.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) get iso for your own region
2) burn to dvd WITHOUT brickblocker
3) do the game update required to play the game
4) play the game

No one's sure how D2Ckey can be updated, if at all, but it runs SMG out of the box

MC DUI

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mario galaxy has been released in all regions! So just get it for your own region dude! ALL wii's need to run the mario update, regardless of chip or region. Get a mario of yer own region n run it. Games yer own region are always fine to update.

I would prefer to not have to download a whole new version of the game just to give a friend a copy.

Not all of us have Usenet access with unlimited downloads from our ISP.

But thanks for the answer anyways.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

I would prefer to not have to download a whole new version of the game just to give a friend a copy.

Not all of us have Usenet access with unlimited downloads from our ISP.

But thanks for the answer anyways.

Look at the RegionFrii list on the GBATemp Wiki. SMG doesn't play out of region anyway.

Edit: actually, the results conflict with each other, some people say yes, others no
dry.gif

HelloWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Im a noob to wii hacking so dont get mad if i ask a noob question
tongue.gif

So if i rented Trauma Center New Blood NTSC-US for my USA Wii, dumped the iso, burned it, and updated on my USA wii it would be ok right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also