Hacking Mario galaxy hack possibilities

din75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im on 3.1E. I think the reason is because irts burning it as a cd image even though ive changed it to dvd & am burning it on a dvd-r.

din75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone plz exoplain the exact process & settings, etc to burn the bootdisc.pal.iso file plz? Ive tried numerous times & am pulling my hair out! i think it must be some knid of setting on my computer or something. ive tried burning it with imgburn, nero & clone cd but still get a 40mb file on the disk. what is the disk size supposed to be once iso file is burnt?

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
40mb.

what version wiikey firmware do you have? 1.0 or 1.9b currently? sounds like you upgraded your wii's firmware from 2.2 before going up to 1.9b.

din75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i thought the disk image is supposed to be 1.4gb once its burnt & not 40mb? do i need to load gcos first on the wii & thenn put this disk in?
All replies in helping are appreciated, thanks.

din75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh my god it works now! thanks mate... i someone stated that the image burnt bes at 1.4gb so everytime i burnt it & it ended up as 40 mb i thought it wouldnt work! teaches me a lesson for next time!
thanks again everyone for your replies & my apologies for my mistake

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh my god it works now! thanks mate... i someone stated that the image burnt bes at 1.4gb so everytime i burnt it & it ended up as 40 mb i thought it wouldnt work! teaches me a lesson for next time!
thanks again everyone for your replies & my apologies for my mistake

next time you should just try the suggestions that people gave and see for yourself what the outcome is rather than disagreeing quickly...

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope SMG is going to work on yaosm soon, cuz I really want to get yaosm! It's being worked on, so good news
smile.gif

Oh and just a thought, it would be funny if people (pirates!) started posting reviews of SMG on ign.com before it came out
rofl2.gif

EDIT: Never mind, people did post reviews!
ohmy.gif
I don't think those ppl are all Japanese either, cuz Japanese release (according to ign) was today! Unless they picked the game up at midnight and played it the entire day, without stopping
laugh.gif

Maybe they are pirates...

goonie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you are having a pal system and you wil get the black screen.
you have to set youre language to english on youre wii settings.

CP.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have a solution to this? I got 3.1u/1.9G, SMG update works fine. Start Wii, click on icon and game start. Loads up to the part where mario is on the castle in space, guy shoots at mario, then as mario is falling towards earth, game stops loading, bad disc comes up. Before I hear about bad burn etc. I burned the disc about 6 times at different speeds with different media. All stop at the same point? Is the Prominent ISO good? Seems like the only one out there. Thanks all.
wacko.gif

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wii FW at 3.0u Wiikey at FW 1.9g SMG stills give me 001 error ¬¬
Wiikey not a clone (clones have been confirmed working anyway)
Any suggestions??? Tried like everything I saw ppl telling to do on all threads.
PS: every dvd burned at 2x/1x some padded some not... tried 8 dvds alread ¬¬

Clushje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody have a solution to this? I got 3.1u/1.9G, SMG update works fine. Start Wii, click on icon and game start. Loads up to the part where mario is on the castle in space, guy shoots at mario, then as mario is falling towards earth, game stops loading, bad disc comes up. Before I hear about bad burn etc. I burned the disc about 6 times at different speeds with different media. All stop at the same point? Is the Prominent ISO good? Seems like the only one out there. Thanks all.Â
wacko.gif
Try adjusting your Wii's drive speed using the config disc.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're having issues, first I'd try the 1.3 config disc and just save the settings. I believe it's the stock ones everytime you load them. I say this because I have never messed with the wiikey config disc at all and have never experienced any of the problems you guys have been. And the disc is possibly the only thing I can think of that we're doing different (besides clone vs authentic maybe).

That said, I haven't padded any disc (except the wiikey config 1.2 I believe, which came with instructions to pad it). I ran the 1.9b update with just the small file burned and it was fine. A few days later, I updated to 1.9g, and also it was fine. No popping disc out at points during the process.

I'm at 3.1u now too for what it's worth. Also, I've sometimes seen more errors from burning 8/16x discs at 1/2x vs 4/8x. I can't find the screenshot right now, but there was a ritek f16 that I burned at 1x, and it resulted in pretty much consistent 200pie and pretty much 5pif running across.

So for what it's worth, if you can't check pie/pif and are concerned about disc quality, generally it's ok to burn 8x at 4 or maybe 6, and 16x at 8 or maybe 12.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With a key tied to it