Hacking marcan: firmware replacement, Homebrew Channel beta9

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
teq said:
Stalkid64 said:
marcan was actually misquoted regarding beta 9 (it's currently on the backburner until there is time so don't count on it appearing anytime soon), and the rest of this is so obviously fake as to be beyond worth discussion.

Um... just one question.... where the hell did you come from?

Where is your insight into any of this? Where are you on the foodchain?

As far as I can tell, you have no insight, so stop trolling if you don't have anything worth saying.

Stalkid64 is one the "guarding dog" on #wiibrew I was talking about, some kind of "moral" authority who is always bashing at people if they aren't in his "hall of fame" list
he hates gbatemp but can not stop himself from posting here

about the eltroloado's announce, this is more than certainly a fake
after translating some oof the posts, it appears the reason why he doesn't want to go into technical discussion is because "he doesn't want other people to copy him"
huh.gif

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
Well, the guy seems pretty sincere, though it's definitely a lot to swallow that we could be playing backups on hacked Wiis soon!
I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I'm certainly gonna keep an eye out. Very good news about the IOS-modifying, it's probably the closest it gets to custom firmware anyway, as from what I've gathered most firmware updates are centred around the IOS.
Absolutely can't wait!
biggrin.gif

The only way we're going to be able to load backups is via WiFi.

The drive is locked out by hardware, SD has limited capacity, and USB has limited bandwidth.

QUOTEhe is one the "guarding dog" on #wiibrew I was talking about, some kind of "moral" authotity who is always bashing at people if they aren't in his "hall of fame" list

So this guy just sits on #Wiidev and bitches at people?

Yeah, real cool...

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
Trolly said:
Well, the guy seems pretty sincere, though it's definitely a lot to swallow that we could be playing backups on hacked Wiis soon!
I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I'm certainly gonna keep an eye out. Very good news about the IOS-modifying, it's probably the closest it gets to custom firmware anyway, as from what I've gathered most firmware updates are centred around the IOS.
Absolutely can't wait!
biggrin.gif

The drive is locked out by hardware, SD has limited capacity, and USB has limited bandwidth.

QUOTEhe is one the "guarding dog" on #wiibrew I was talking about, some kind of "moral" authotity who is always bashing at people if they aren't in his "hall of fame" list

So this guy just sits on #Wiidev and bitches at people?

Yeah, real cool...
what else are 12 year olds for gamespot forums are full of them

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
teq said:
Trolly said:
Absolutely can't wait!
biggrin.gif

..and wifi has an access time from hell. As GC streaming via LAN showed, it's far from a decent option. Garbage-wiped images might drop below the 2 gig mark to be usable off SD at least, or if USB 2.0 access is doable eventually, that would be a very usable option too.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
damn! why do we need a iso loader again?
to boot pirated games=doable with modchips
do not want to open the wii and void the warranty=you probably run unsigned code on it which voids the warranty also

oh i remember! laziness

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
teq said:
Trolly said:
Absolutely can't wait!
biggrin.gif

..and wifi has an access time from hell. As GC streaming via LAN showed, it's far from a decent option. Garbage-wiped images might drop below the 2 gig mark to be usable off SD at least, or if USB 2.0 access is doable eventually, that would be a very usable option too.
well if we could read backups from wifi couldnt you send more packets or what ever it is(dont do much networking apart from the odd wifi hacking/sniffing)
to the ram as a read ahead function type thing. just an idea not pratical or easliy achieveable, maybe useing the SD card as temp data storage. like the wii dumps the 1st say 512mb of the game onto the sd card, it still then reads from wifi and then writes the next 2048bytes of data to the 512mb partiton on the memory card to help on speed issues that the wii would get form the 802.11g/b connection

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arakon said:

Um.... the "high speed" port on the GC was serial based... and if I remember correctly, it was 100Mbit half-duplex.

802.11g has rates just above 6MB/s, which is the same speed as the DVDROM drive.

The only other feasible option at this point is to use the USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter to a NAS(network attached storage), since Nintendo doesn't plan on opening up USB 2.0 to any other peripherals anytime soon.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
teq said:
Arakon said:

Um.... the "high speed" port on the GC was serial based... and if I remember correctly, it was 100Mbit half-duplex.

802.11g has rates just above 6MB/s, which is the same speed as the DVDROM drive.

The only other feasible option at this point is to use the USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter to a NAS(network attached storage), since Nintendo doesn't plan on opening up USB 2.0 to any other peripherals anytime soon.

Well if Nintendo open the possibility for say a USB adapter, sure why not try to exploit it, but hey... we should just let the twiz team do what they do best.
What else can we do but wait for their next awesome hack

Kaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

The GC Serial Interface was rated @ 23Mbits, so even less than 100Mbit Half-Duplex.

As you probably already know, you'll never hit 6MB/s on G based wifi, Lucky to hit 3MB/s even.

With NAS, SMB protocol would have to be implemented somehow in memory. Overhead/processing might slow things down a bit.

Edit: Stuff like this reminds a lot of the Xbox1 Hacking days... They could never get games to run over SMB for a reason or another, I think it was cause they didn't have enough free ram to pull it off during a game and the softmod bios couldn't pull it off due to memory size.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
Well if Nintendo open the possibility for say a USB adapter, sure why not try to exploit it, but hey... we should just let the twiz team do what they do best.

Are you retarded or what?

For one, the USB Ethernet adapter has been out for a long time.

Second, Team Twiizer isn't working on an ISO loader. They've already stated they don't believe in piracy(or at least the repercussions of piracy).

QUOTEThe GC Serial Interface was rated @ 23Mbits, so even less than 100Mbit Half-Duplex.

As you probably already know, you'll never hit 6MB/s on G based wifi, Lucky to hit 3MB/s even.

With NAS, SMB protocol would have to be implemented somehow in memory. Overhead/processing might slow things down a bit.

Well, 54/8 = 6.75... so that's plenty of room to play around with. I've been able to get full transfer speeds at long ranges, so having a laptop sitting by the Wii isn't a problem.

SMB over TCP has very little overhead, if implemented properly.

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, and we consider gbatemp the intellectual elite.
No seriously you guys do give us some laughs. Much appreciated.
laugh.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stalkid64 said:
QUOTE said:
laugh.gif

I like how he says "us".

Listen, kid, you aren't even in the same league as some of the people around here, let alone on #Wiidev, so fuck off.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Maktub said:
harrybuttox said:
Jacobeian said:
hahaha arent you from cuba?
Cuba+computers is rare.

Cuba+computers+internet=he must be Fidel Castro himself.

Considering the odds, I'd say he's not really from Cuba, huh? Or he's living somewhere else atm, and has been doing so for a long time.

damn, I got owned, yees, Fidel was my dad
rolleyes.gif

...lol, I picked a random flag upon registration, does it really matter ?

@stalkid64: what are you on #wiidev ? a moderator ? ahahaha, you are SO important to the scene

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
Stalkid64 said:
QUOTE said:
laugh.gif

I like how he says "us".

Listen, kid, you aren't even in the same league as some of the people around here, let alone on #Wiidev, so fuck off.
BRAWL!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
teq said:
linuxares said:

Are you retarded or what?

For one, the USB Ethernet adapter has been out for a long time.

Second, Team Twiizer isn't working on an ISO loader. They've already stated they don't believe in piracy(or at least the repercussions of piracy).

Nono, you got me wrong, I meant like a USB memory, I still just think they are to slow for games, maybe VCs but nothing more.

EDIT: I know that Twiizer's dont support piracy and they shouldn't. Second of all what I meant was for space more or less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can't get the smell of my dick out of your mom either +1