Won't fix Make so users can delete their own posts.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like this as well. I think you can do this on psx place actually. it helps if you post something, then later regret it. I've made that mistake before when I used to drink. I can understand the confusion if there are replies to the post though, but that often hasn't been the case with me, because I regret the post almost immediately before any replies.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal users already have the ability to moderate (delete posts) in their blogs and profiles.
I really don't see a useful need to have post deletion options on the normal forums for normal users.

Like others said, staff is there to moderate posts.
If you feel the need to post shit you'll end up deleting anyway then consider not posting it.
but if youve asked a question then later found the answer, then that there could be the need to delete your post and likely avoid trolls telling you to search the web.

if mods are happy to mod all posts and delete, i dont see the problem if a user makes a post and then wants to delete the comment, if its a post full of Y people commenting and the post been dud, then if theyre happy to delete posts, maybe easy to delete the thread if its dead.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
but if youve asked a question then later found the answer, then that there could be the need to delete your post and likely avoid trolls telling you to search the web.

if mods are happy to mod all posts and delete, i dont see the problem if a user makes a post and then wants to delete the comment, if its a post full of Y people commenting and the post been dud, then if theyre happy to delete posts, maybe easy to delete the thread if its dead.

What about a butthurt user that wants a nuclear exit by deleting all of their previously helpful threads?
It's very easy to abuse such a feature.

Thing is, self-deletion for regular forum posts won't happen.
Report the post and ask for deletion if you want it gone.
If you, like you said, posted a question but found the solution on a different site the please by all means post it in the thread
It could potentially help users in the future which it won't be if it's been deleted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get...