Hacking Make a backup of the HDD

muzak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I can't seem to find an definitive answer to this question: What is the most secure way to make a backup of my 'backup drive' for my Wii U. Before I convert/inject my Wii games into VC - which is a time consuming process - I would like to know if I am able to make a backup, since HDD won't last forever.

If I make a manual backup from the Wii U setting will this include all games - also the injected ones - so that I can swap the drive if/when the original drive fails.

Thanks in advance!

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, copying from within Wii U settings (Data Manager) is possible! Cloning via PC is NOT due to the Wii U encrypting the content with HDD serial number included.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

muzak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, copying from within Wii U settings (Data Manager) is possible! Cloning via PC is NOT due to the Wii U encrypting the content with HDD serial number included.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thank you. Is it actually testet if injected games also works?

muzak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know. I use my PC/gaming laptop for everything up to GameCube. Higher resolution, higher framerate, better gameplay.

Okay. But then that's not really the answer I am looking for. I like everything on the Wii U.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't make a backup of your Wii U HD. There is no way to clone it 1:1. You have to setup a second HD and manually copy everything over from Wii U data management.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes and the Wii U encrypts each HDD using its own unique hardware id, so a HDD clone using Windows is useless. Simply use the Wii U to copy games from a HDD to another.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Is it actually testet if injected games also works?

Yeh injected games do too. Anything that appears on ur hardrive will. Just goto disk management and choose ur hardrive and see what’s on there. Everything there will copy over to the other. Just don’t accidentally plug it into the computer if u have it sitting stored somewhere after making a copy

muzak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh injected games do too. Anything that appears on ur hardrive will. Just goto disk management and choose ur hardrive and see what’s on there. Everything there will copy over to the other. Just don’t accidentally plug it into the computer if u have it sitting stored somewhere after making a copy

Thank you! That's what I'll do then...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a way around the disk being initialized by windows. I've forgotten the exact steps, but 3141 cards of the ps3 scene walked someone through the procedure after that person had accidentally done so with a ps3 hdd. I think initialization only involves the first few blocks of the hdd, so the data is still there, but the file system is messed up. this may or may not work with the wii u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe