• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Ransomware attack worldwide at the moment.

image.jpeg

looks like the world is being attacked by a very serious Ransomware virus.

so far UK, US, China, Russia, Spain and many more data's being hold to Ransom. its called WannaCry. and affects windows computers.

The infections seem to be deployed via a worm - a program that spreads by itself between computers.

Most other malicious programmes rely on humans to spread by tricking them into clicking on an attachment harbouring the attack code.

By contrast, once WannaCry is inside an organisation it will hunt down vulnerable machines and infect them too.

Some experts say the attack may have been built to exploit a weakness in Microsoft systems that had been identified by the NSA and given the name EternalBlue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39901382

Last edited by Chary,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
terribly sorry for double posting but i'm a girl not a guy, unless you was refering to somebody else?
Nope. I hadn't checked your biography, and barely looked at your avatar.My apologies on that part of the post (I've just edited my previous post).

My opinion itself remains the same, though. I don't think you'd expect otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?