Hacking MAIO: Moonshell All-in-One for Acekards

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's the results...
Using MAIO 3.07 (which has AKAIO 1.8.8) I've found/downloaded & tried the following.....

DS #5719: DreamWorks Super Star Kartz (USA) - Passed: Started up & I've gone as far as playing the first track without any problem
DS #5721: One Piece: Gigant Battle 2 - Shinsekai (Japan) - Failed: Got 2 white screens...
(But this COULD be because it's a Japanese ROM being tried on a European DSLite, I've not tried playing foreign ROM's before, so I don't know if this is normal)

No it's not that it's a foreign game. It's AP protection. It wont start on my USA DSi either This is great news never-the-less. Thank you homeboy :P

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MAIO been updated to include AKAIO v1.8.9

Not tested on a 3DS (Yep - I've still not brought a newer Acekard2i... I'm happy with my DStwo ;) )
- Please let me know if someone tries it out (include the 3DS firmware version you're using as well please

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been to the thread in a while thanks to the scene's stand still. I thought I might ask, and essentially suggest, if the newest version of nesDS is used in the newest version of MAIO? If not, I assume that would be a better version of the emulator to add to the package, for those that have a hard time understanding setup. It would probably be nice to add it to the original post also. I think this would be more informative. I finally came back to MAIO after using the default AKAIO 1.89. MAIO is just a better front-end. I wonder if we'll see an AKAIO 1.90 any time soon? I don't think we'll see another firmware on the DSi period. The Acekard Team just has to worry about 3DS firmware compatibility IMO. Also, I don't know if you noticed, but rom #5903 Power Rangers Samurai won't boot on AKAIO 1.89. The issue has been brought to Normatt's attention for a couple of weeks now, without an update. Whatever happened to the loader updates? Do you remember those?! Anyways, hopefully they find time to release a fix or a new firmware. As far as MAIO goes, great job as always CannonFoddr :D

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Most probably (if I remember) I'll update the 'plugins' (nesDS especially) to latest versions when the next AKAIO version comes out

I'm not as 'active' in acekard stuff like I use to be (or even in DSTwo lately) as work takes up a lot of time, but I'll try to keep on top of stuff I've done

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Just to bump an old thread... MAIO updated with latest AKAIO 1.9.0 ..
..... & no, Jimmyemunoz, I didn't forget but I haven't updated them either - just couldn't be bothered :ha:

(For those who don't know what I'm talking about - See above post ;) )

EDIT: OK - had a bit of time... so against my better judgement I've updated all the emulator 'plugins' to the latest available on Filetrip

Lameboy 0.12
NesterDS 0.3.9
NesDS r114
Jenesis 0.7.4

Sorry to all those [5] people who have already downloaded it (according to Mediafire)

EDIT #2: What a Dodo I am.... so eager to put up MAIO, but I forgot to change the AKAIO 'skin' to the MAIO skin .... Duh !!!
(Yet another) Change to the Link on first post

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • In MAIO v2.xx version - unable to use/show custom 'splash.ani' files due to bug in MS
  • In MAIO v3.xx version - Same problem as v2.00 'splash.ani' - it [Splash.ani] also shows incorrect Moonshell version number at top of screen
  • Some games MAY not show proper game icon in Moonshell ('Sonic - Classic Collection' seems to be one of them)
  • It seems that sometimes the 'Recently used/History' function (Pressing [select]) of Moonshell doesn't record last used App. Not sure but MAY have something to do with AKAIO 1.6RC2 support. Occurs in Any MS version

Update: This is NOT a bug - thanks to JurrasicPlayer, it's now been discovered that this function will only remember files used if the option 'Start MoonShell from Recent Files' is switched 'ON'
  • There's a known 'bug' of Moonshell 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny