Hacking MaiDumpTool MaiDumpTool_V233.2zEx_eng Spitting Out 30 MB files instead of 3 GB files

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Welp, I got it to work, game not in at all and still booting I noticed that the work.bin file wasn't a recent date. The current one I used this time was. I don't know if that made any difference but i guess it did something. Anyway everything works great now, I'm gonna try another game and see how it fairs with this process.
Yeah, I think I know what happened. I think you got it from the license folder instead of nonpdrm folder.

Anyway, that's the process. Have fun :)

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Madridi
Could it be that because I have Qcma installed on my Windows 10 PC that the PC wasn't picking up the device correctly?
I mean I wasn't even getting a prompt when I plain just plugged my VITA in (and as soon as I plugged it into my windows 7 pc I got a prompt)
You know a:
"PlayStation Vita: What would you like to do?" Prompt
Where it asks if you wanna view the files and stuff like that.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Madridi
Could it be that because I have Qcma installed on my Windows 10 PC that the PC wasn't picking up the device correctly?
I mean I wasn't even getting a prompt when I plain just plugged my VITA in (and as soon as I plugged it into my windows 7 pc I got a prompt)
You know a:
"PlayStation Vita: What would you like to do?" Prompt
Where it asks if you wanna view the files and stuff like that.
Yeah QCMA does some weird stuff. I'm actually not sure if that's even a needed program anymore now that we can directly back up everything using vitashell (someone else needs to answer this)
That being said, I have QCMA on my PC too, and it only gives a pop up if I'm outside of vitashell. I dont get any msgs when I'm inside

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Madridi
Okay cool, thanks. I don't even know what it's used for but I will uninstall it right away and see if I have better luck with the whole game card transfer thing.

EDIT: @Madridi
Still no luck. No idea what could be causing this problem. I wonder why it won't work, it's bugging me. But for now, I will simply use the other computer.

Last edited by slyboogy27,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Madridi
Okay cool, thanks. I don't even know what it's used for but I will uninstall it right away and see if I have better luck with the whole game card transfer thing.

EDIT: @Madridi
Still no luck. No idea what could be causing this problem. I wonder why it won't work, it's bugging me. But for now, I will simply use the other computer.
Cant help with that sorry. Never heard about the issue before. I also never ran into it on windows 7 .. So I really dont know if its a user issue, driver issue, OS issue, or something entirely different

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Madridi
Eh I think it might be an OS issue this computer ain't exactly legit lol but it could be a driver issue too (not like I know what to do in either case) but I'm just gonna keep on what's working for right now and stick with the Windows 7 PC. Thanks again.

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be nit picky but are there some games that do not work with this trick? @Madridi
Like Ys VIII. I get an error each time trying to run that game, I mean it won't even boot, it'll install the bubble but no luck on actual game content.
Just wondered if there were some games that DON'T work? Or if you have a workaround for this specific game?
I was successful with another game but got to this one and hit a stone wall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Literally getting an error message:
(C1-6703-6) and then if I try and load it up again it crashes and reboots the whole Vita.

EDIT: found this searching:
Sony has now been making developers make game updates be at least 3.61+ firmware required. Updated a few of my games today and now getting error c1-6703-6 which means you need to update your system firmware and not even to the latest just 3.61 or higher
If I may so humbly ask what are a list of games that were before this change so I know which games to try.

Last edited by slyboogy27,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Not to be nit picky but are there some games that do not work with this trick? @Madridi
Like Ys VIII. I get an error each time trying to run that game, I mean it won't even boot, it'll install the bubble but no luck on actual game content.
Just wondered if there were some games that DON'T work? Or if you have a workaround for this specific game?
I was successful with another game but got to this one and hit a stone wall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Literally getting an error message:
(C1-6703-6) and then if I try and load it up again it crashes and reboots the whole Vita.

EDIT: found this searching:
Sony has now been making developers make game updates be at least 3.61+ firmware required. Updated a few of my games today and now getting error c1-6703-6 which means you need to update your system firmware and not even to the latest just 3.61 or higher
If I may so humbly ask what are a list of games that were before this change so I know which games to try.
Yeah games requiring something higher than your firmware obviously won't work.
Although that specific error from nonpdrm page says this:
  • "I am getting a C1-6703-6 error when trying to run a game/application" - You are running NoNpDrm from a Devkit/Testkit (PDEL/PTEL) these devices are not currently supported.
But I'm guessing your problem is that you are trying to run games requiring 3.61+.. I haven't seen a list but I imagine google might find something for ya. As a rule of thumb, people say it's whatever got a release on or after November of last year

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, @Madridi thanks, I just didn't realize that not all games could be ripped I'll do a bit of searching on game release dates and try to choose my next game more carefully.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Okay, @Madridi thanks, I just didn't realize that not all games could be ripped I'll do a bit of searching on game release dates and try to choose my next game more carefully.
They can all be ripped. They can't all be run.
It's common sense that in any device (except for certain cases), nothing that requires a higher firmware will run on a lower firmware. Cause if it does, then what's the point of ever updating?

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Madridi Hey I was wondering if you could send me the link to a good tutorial on how to set up the SD2VITA v2.0 card for my device, they arrived a few days ago and I'd like to try them out. Or if you could advise me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.