Misc magic ns not working

Melty_7972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I need help, my magic ns for some reason doesn't work on my nintendo switch and I don't know why since it works perfectly on my cell phone and PC, I already tried disconnecting all the controls and desynchronizing them from the console but nothing, if someone knows it would help me a lot

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need help, my magic ns for some reason doesn't work on my nintendo switch and I don't know why since it works perfectly on my cell phone and PC, I already tried disconnecting all the controls and desynchronizing them from the console but nothing, if someone knows it would help me a lot

Should just drop right in. What Switch firmware version are you on? it might be as simple as updating your FW?

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: binkinator

Melty_7972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Should just drop right in. What Switch firmware version are you on? it might be as simple as updating your FW?

in fact the console is in v13.2.0 (which if I'm not wrong is the latest update)

Melty_7972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Lo estás convirtiendo en luz roja, ¿verdad? Esa es una pregunta muy tonta, pero sí.

Además, sí, actualice el firmware. Ha recibido un montón de actualizaciones desde su lanzamiento.
the adapter does not even turn on when connected to the console (but on pc and cell phone it works) and the adapter and the console are already in the latest versions available

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in fact the console is in v13.2.0 (which if I'm not wrong is the latest update)

13.2.1 is the absolute latest but 13.2.0 should be fine.

the adapter does not even turn on when connected to the console (but on pc and cell phone it works) and the adapter and the console are already in the latest versions available

Now this is a bit of very important information.

Nothing we can tell you will help in the slightest if the device is not even turning on.

Since it turns on in other devices it‘s likely there’s an issue with your Switch’s USB-C port. You can Google or go on Amazon and search for usb-c breakout board male and test for basic power connectivity. If you don’t want to do it yourself you can get it checked out at a local electronics repair shop.

You have to ensure the thing is getting power before doing anything else here.

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're connecting it directly to the switch in handheld mode?

Does it work in any of the dock USB ports?

good point. I assumed the USB-C port using the original dongle. what’s different (if anything) in the connection methods between the various devices?

1647600428321.jpeg

Melty_7972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You're connecting it directly to the switch in handheld mode?

Does it work in any of the dock USB ports?
I have tried to connect the adapter in both ways and it is still the same, then I tried connecting a usb keyboard and my cell phone to see if the problem was the usb port to see if it was not passing power but those did work well

Attachments

• 20220319_212744.jpg
    20220319_212744.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 48
  • 20220319_212808.jpg
    20220319_212808.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49

Melty_7972

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have tried to connect the adapter in both ways and it is still the same, then I tried connecting a usb keyboard and my cell phone to see if the problem was the usb port to see if it was not passing power but those did work well
oh wait something happened, restart the console and now the adapter works lol, but the bad thing is that if I disconnect I have to restart it again so that it will run again

Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh wait something happened, restart the console and now the adapter works lol, but the bad thing is that if I disconnect I have to restart it again so that it will run again

It only checks state at reboot? I haven’t tested my USB-C port but I always believed it was hotswappable. Still smells like firmware but I guess you have a workaround for now. Maybe yiu can just put it in sleep mode and wake it up?!?!

Which controller are you connecting? There might be cleaner options to connect if it has Bluetooth for instance.

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Think I bought AncientBoi-GPT.