Hacking M3 DS Real - Pokemon ROM save file problem

MalusCalibur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there, I hope this is in the right place.

Recently I've been playing through Pokemon Leaf Green on my M3DS Real (using the GBA expansion), and had a saved game on the card which was working perfectly.
I have a utility on my M3 that allows me to save backup copies of actual GBA cartridge save files, which I use to copy my physical cartridge saves to file (.sav), play them on emulator, save changes, and then re-upload them to the cartridge.

I used this utility to save a backup of my Fire Red catridge's save, but then found that doing so had somehow corrupted my Leaf Green save (stored on the SD card as well)-now, whenever I try to load the LG save (on the M3 itself, and on both GBA emulators that I have tried), the game states that the save is corrupted, and that it will load the 'previous save'-and then presents me with my extracted FR save (even though the ROM is still Leaf Green, and plays appropriately)

I can only assume that by running the GBA backup utility, the LG save was affected and somehow picked up the FR save. Is there any way at all I can recover the save as it was?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Desperately hopeful,

MalusCalibur

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
unless you have a backup of your save, doubt you can make it back to what it was.

next time, backup everything you do
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb