Hacking Luma3DS Crashes and Cheats Issue

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for the Dev of Luma3DS, NTR, and the Action Replay Plugin.

I swear, I had better luck with Gateway!!!!!!!

So I recently got my N3DS Updated to Luma3DS. Seriously wishing I could go back. Under Gateway, I was able to run RetroArch and use/create Cheats with that. Now I cant, due to so many Crashes under Luma. Currently waiting for them to integrate the Cheat Search/Create Feature into the FBA2012 Core/s .

The Cheat System in Luma3DS needs some work. SOME Cheats work.......but a LOT do not work. The only thing that does, is the Action Replay Plugin, but it is like using the NTR Plugins. When you are finished with the Game you were just on, if you want to go to another Game, you MUST Restart the System, then Enable the Plugin again. Seriously, how did NTR Cheat Plugins get so popular, when you have to do all of that???????? What ever happened to just having it like Gateway??????? Press a Button, have Cheats Enabled, go into a Game, Button Combo, Select your Cheats, or Search for Cheats, have fun, afterwards close the Game out, select another Game, and go have more fun......... . Was much more simpler.

Hopefully the Luma3DS Cheat System gets worked on and has a Search/Creation Feature in it.

Exannor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can work on it if you want, nobody is stopping you and I don’t want this to be attacking you in any way shape or form, but Aurora and the others do this on the sidelines. Not getting paid for it either and if I had money that I could spend, I would donate it to them.

I don’t use too many cheats since I like my no outlines and only my no outlines with ultra sun, but aurora doesn’t manage the cheat database, someone else does(such as sharkive) so if it crashing, it’s probably an outdated code and it probably just needs updated. I would like to update the ultra sun db on sharkive with my v1.2 no outlines code, but I’ve never done a pull request nor do I want to start since it would be a waste of time for one code imo. I’d gladly hand off the code to someone else so they can throw it in tho

Last edited by Exannor,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Smoker1, are you by any chance using (x) Disable ARM11 exception handlers in Luma3DS configuration? Unless you have certain mod plugins that requires this, you should de-select it ( ) without* the x because that option causes a lot of issues.

luma_config.png

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for the Dev of Luma3DS, NTR, and the Action Replay Plugin.

I swear, I had better luck with Gateway!!!!!!!

So I recently got my N3DS Updated to Luma3DS. Seriously wishing I could go back. Under Gateway, I was able to run RetroArch and use/create Cheats with that. Now I cant, due to so many Crashes under Luma. Currently waiting for them to integrate the Cheat Search/Create Feature into the FBA2012 Core/s .

The Cheat System in Luma3DS needs some work. SOME Cheats work.......but a LOT do not work. The only thing that does, is the Action Replay Plugin, but it is like using the NTR Plugins. When you are finished with the Game you were just on, if you want to go to another Game, you MUST Restart the System, then Enable the Plugin again. Seriously, how did NTR Cheat Plugins get so popular, when you have to do all of that???????? What ever happened to just having it like Gateway??????? Press a Button, have Cheats Enabled, go into a Game, Button Combo, Select your Cheats, or Search for Cheats, have fun, afterwards close the Game out, select another Game, and go have more fun......... . Was much more simpler.

Hopefully the Luma3DS Cheat System gets worked on and has a Search/Creation Feature in it.
Try the latest hourly/nightly build https://github.com/hax0kartik/luma-hourlies/releases . It has some fixes to cheats in it.

Smoker1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3 - MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully there will be a Search Engine for it. Will test it more Tomorrow

@TurdPooCharger - No. The only things that are Checked are - Enable Game Patching | Show NAND or User String in System Settings

Edit: Took out my O3DS to see about Updating the Cheats for RetroArch FBA 2012 Cores. Been Years since I used it. Guessing they have been focusing on the N3DS Versions, since it goes so slow on the Old. But I was able to get a few Game Cheats Updated. Still not working on Rosalina Cheats. Which I found to be in
sd:/luma/titles/*Game Title ID Number*/cheats.txt

So the sd:/cheats and sd:/plugin directories are not the ones to look at unless you go back to the Action Replay Plugin.

Last edited by Smoker1,

onithalion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello ...I have some issue with my 3ds atm. When I attempt to cheat with the rosalina menu (and with sharkive' codes) my 3ds crash..no matter what game I try to cheat in, and since I can't use ctr (bug too) I'd like to know if anyone could help me

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
For those of you still having trouble, turn on one cheat at a time, make sure it works and is in ram.
then turn it off in the cheats menu, this won't remove it from ram.
This is how I got Pokemon Moon working well.
I'd add the next cheat, say, 100% capture, make sure it works in a battle, then turn it off, it continues to work.
The game shouldn't crash.
Having them turned on must keep forcing them to ram, and mess everything up, especially as they're already functioning.

ArashdeepSandher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you still having trouble, turn on one cheat at a time, make sure it works and is in ram.
then turn it off in the cheats menu, this won't remove it from ram.
This is how I got Pokemon Moon working well.
I'd add the next cheat, say, 100% capture, make sure it works in a battle, then turn it off, it continues to work.
The game shouldn't crash.
Having them turned on must keep forcing them to ram, and mess everything up, especially as they're already functioning.

Once I turn off the cheat, it stops working. How do I keep it on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F