Homebrew Luma veterans needed... HELP PLEASE

gohandhum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am running b9s (but an old version... the first release of b9s). I just updated luma via the luma updater, and now my 3ds will not boot. Is there a way to rollback the update I just did? If so, how would I go about doing this? (if it helps, I have not gotten the most recent update for 3ds software yet. (running on 11.4))

It is a N3DS XL.

Thank you in advanced!

JohnSmith41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take out your SD card, and put it back in after Luma3DS boots. Then, follow the guide to update Boot9Strap.
Hope this helps!

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Take out your SD card, and put it back in after Luma3DS boots. Then, follow the guide to update Boot9Strap.
Hope this helps!
He doesnt need to take his SD Card out to boot into the system, he can just follow the guide on 3ds.guide from the moment he has his system turned off. How do I know this? I just had this a couple of days ago.

gohandhum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't following any guide... I was attempting to update luma3ds, using luma updater, however, it bricked...
It may be because the old versions of b9s are not compatible with the newest luma3ds? but either way, I am trying to figure out if I can rollback the luma update through only my sd card, as my 3ds is non-responsive.

It does not boot with or without the sd card.

Thank you for replying!

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I wasn't following any guide... I was attempting to update luma3ds, using luma updater, however, it bricked...
It may be because the old versions of b9s are not compatible with the newest luma3ds? but either way, I am trying to figure out if I can rollback the luma update through only my sd card, as my 3ds is non-responsive.

It does not boot with or without the sd card.

Thank you for replying!
Its not bricked, you just need to update B9S using 3ds.guide.

gohandhum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds will not turn on. The blue light indicating that it is on flashes on for a second, then off, the screen remains black the whole time. Pressing select while starting results in the same. I am unfortunately unable to update b9s because of this.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 3ds will not turn on. The blue light indicating that it is on flashes on for a second, then off, the screen remains black the whole time. Pressing select while starting results in the same. I am unfortunately unable to update b9s because of this.
you need a new boot.firm placed onto your sd card to boot up your system. Your system is not booting as its missing this file. The file you want is found in the luma3DS.7z file on 3ds.guide

Reactions: gohandhum

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Oooohhhh, now I understand, sorry, cant help you

Reactions: gohandhum

gohandhum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a new boot.firm placed onto your sd card to boot up your system. Your system is not booting as its missing this file. The file you want is found in the luma3DS.7z file on 3ds.guide
The boot.firm appears to be on m sd card... do you mean to say that I must delete the current one, then redownload a boot.firm onto it?

edit:
There is also boot.firm.bak and boot.3dsx

Update... sorry for not responding, the site believes that I am spamming, and has dissallowed me from continuing to post...

Anyways, I am honored to have you all respond to my self-centered obnoxious post, haha!

The fix suggested by kunoichZ works! Thank you very much for helping me! (ps, lone wolf, I misunderstood you and downloaded the most recent boot.firm haha)

Last edited by gohandhum,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The boot.firm appears to be on m sd card... do you mean to say that I must delete the current one, then redownload a boot.firm onto it?

edit:
Redownload Luma3DS v7.1 and move the boot.firm to your SD card root, overriding the existing file. Your system will now boot. Now follow this guide to properly update your boot9strap version and your Luma3DS version.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

edit:
Delete boot.firm. Rename boot.firm.bak to boot.firm. The new luma wont work on your old BS9 install. So the .bak one is your old one that did work. If that doesn't work try to dl the older version of luma. 7.1 should work. Then follow 3dsguide to update bs9.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The boot.firm file is the Luma update. Perhaps you should get Luma 8.0 since that was the first luma to work with B9S and update B9S first then update Luma to the latest
or do what KunoichiZ stated :) either way is fine
No, Luma v7.1 was the first and only version to support b9s v1.0/v1.1. Luma 8.0 is the first to support b9s v1.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment