Hacking Looking to Buy a 2nd PsVita

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since they're out of comission. My question is what firmware do they ship with now? I'm in Canada.
Firmware varies i think depending on the model 1000 or 2000 but as of right now they are all hackable so no need to worry, when you get it you'll want to downgrade it using modoru to 3.65 or 3.60 so you can use enso

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Firmware varies i think depending on the model 1000 or 2000 but as of right now they are all hackable so no need to worry, when you get it you'll want to downgrade it using modoru to 3.65 or 3.60 so you can use enso

Not all of them can be downgraded to 3.60 or 3.65 though. Sony have been shipping > 3.65, if you get one of those then no enso for you.

Reactions: kaymynd

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all of them can be downgraded to 3.60 or 3.65 though. Sony have been shipping > 3.65, if you get one of those then no enso for you.
Really? I wasn't aware of this, so how can you tell if you get one of these that can't be downgraded? And will the mobo swap still work with these?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really? I wasn't aware of this, so how can you tell if you get one of these that can't be downgraded? And will the mobo swap still work with these?

All vita's can be downgraded, but each has a minimum version. I think all the ones >3.65 come from Japan, they are the majority of the new in box ones. There are a load of different colours as well, so you may be tempted. But I have no idea how to tell before you buy it.

Moduro release notes says it will refuse to install a version of the firmware that is incompatible.

I believe the minimum version is stored on the motherboard, so if you swap for a different one then it will have a different minimum

Last edited by smf,

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All vita's can be downgraded, but each has a minimum version. I think all the ones >3.65 come from Japan, they are the majority of the new in box ones. There are a load of different colours as well, so you may be tempted. But I have no idea how to tell before you buy it.

Moduro release notes says it will refuse to install a version of the firmware that is incompatible.

I believe the minimum version is stored on the motherboard, so if you swap for a different one then it will have a different minimum

a very small amount of silver and red slim japanese version vita's are 3.65+ firmware factory fitted, so cannot 'currently' be downgraded to cold boot

I see thx for the info guys! hopefully op sees it before he buys a vita!

Last edited by kaymynd,
Reactions: shadowcopalypse

jumpingspoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought another one off of amazon. The blue one for $200 before they went up again and it was on 3.68. which I wanted it to be on that firmware.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The best and to increase the chances to get a permanent boot is to get oled version of the vita.
I have 5 oled vita's here and 4 have the factory fw of 1.85 and one 1.06. Anyway, all are on 3.65.
But of course, as long as you have it under 3.70, it's fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you near sea/salt water, or in general they just don't last. Sounds like if you driving a mercedes, you need a garage. I get snow n ice here so nothing worse than clearing that shit off at 6am rushing to get to work.
    I'm a few miles away from the salt water
    +1
    ya I would garage it if there was room in the garage for a car :|
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Immigrants took over your garage? I hate those
    swatters. Or is it Kilos waiting to be picked up by Carlos. Lol jk
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300 +1