Android Looking for a Super Game Boy Emulator for Android.

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You remember the Super Game Boy right? The one that allows you to plat Game Boy games on your Super NES? Anything like that for Android?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The close you could get to emulating super gameboy i found was installing the PSP emulator PPSSPP on android, then downloading the homebrew Masterboy 2.10 which play Sega master system/gamegear and Gameboy color roms. But there is a option to use super gameboy as color pallet.

PPSSPP_20161115_165300.png

Of course i don't think there is a banner function to go with it nor there is multiplayer support. But if your game supports GBC pallets, is probably better to use and also may break some games, i notice that wario land 2 won't work if you first play on GBC or SGB and then switch to another, it says you must delete save data to make it work, but that about it.

Reactions: shurygin2013

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The close you could get to emulating super gameboy i found was installing the PSP emulator PPSSPP on android, then downloading the homebrew Masterboy 2.10 which play Sega master system/gamegear and Gameboy color roms. But there is a option to use super gameboy as color pallet.

Of course i don't think there is a banner function to go with it nor there is multiplayer support. But if your game supports GBC pallets, is probably better to use and also may break some games, i notice that wario land 2 won't work if you first play on GBC or SGB and then switch to another, it says you must delete save data to make it work, but that about it.
IIRC My Old Boy also supports Super Gameboy colors for applicable games.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Most emulators "fake" the Super Gameboy, through applying the colors and borders without emulating the SNES.
The approach has its benefits, performance and the ability to use SGB borders on GBC games, but is quite inaccurate to original hardware.

A real SGB uses the SNES for its controller input, color palette, and AV output. (with optional support beyond that, as seen in 16-bit mode Space Invaders)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also