Log or List of OS Updates on My Device?

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/samsung-devices-how-to-see-os-update-history.4358483/

Hello, fellow hackers! I am the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S10 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019 Edition). However, I've been having problems with updating my tablet, and after uninstalling a whole bunch of apps, this has made it where I can install the system updates. Apparently, one or more apps have some sort of bug that affects the OS and causes it to not update.

In my quest to figure this out on my own, I was wondering if there was an OS update log or list somewhere stored on my devices. Since they are not rooted, I would have to pull such a file using ADB, but I can do it. This would be useful for my S10 too, since I am considering installing some of the same apps to it.

I know about logcat, but the output is far too lengthy, and I'm not sure how to get it to focus only on OS updates. What I'm wondering if there is a log or other file which stores information about each time I update my tablet, very much similar to logs stored by Linux or Windows.

Any help on this would be great; I have scoured the web for this, but to no avail. To clear any confusion, no, I am not concerned about when apps are installed and updated, only Android OS updates. This can include minor updates that only update the security of my devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!